chapter 1

A/n Hello, I would like you all to know that this was my very first fanfic. This was written before I started to perfect my writing (although I did edit this story some to make it more understandable) Therefore please don't judge me solely because this book, please check out my newer story's for much better writing.

Dean wakes up to Sam shaking his shoulder.

"Dean get up, I think I found us a case"

"Sam I swear give me five more minutes" he groggily says turning over.

"Fine but you better get up" Sam says walking out of Dean's room.

After a few minutes go by he decides to finally get up. He gets up out of the bed and walks to the bathroom in his room. He grabs some clothes off the floor and quickly changes. When done he walks out to the kitchen where Sam is.

"Morning Sammy"

"Hey dude I think I found us a case" Sam says looking at his laptop.

"Sam you know the rule,no case before breakfast" Dean walks to the fridge and grabs the half empty carton of eggs.

"Ok dean" Sam says rolling his eyes.

Dean throws some eggs into the pan and they quickly sizzle. "Have you talked to Cas lately?"

"I haven't heard from him, why do you think he's ok?"

"Ya he's probably fine but I think I'll check in with him later" Dean puts the cooked eggs on a plate and walks to the table. "So you were saying something about a case?"

"Ya in Wisconsin there has been three vics and all had hearts missing, what does that sound like to you"

"Werewolf" Dean says filling his mouth with eggs.

"Ya, and it fits perfectly with the lunar cycle. If we leave in a few hours we could make it there before its dark"

"Don't you ever wish we could just take a break from hunting for a bit?" Dean ask out of nowhere.

"I mean ya that would be nice, but if we don't do it who will?" Sam says as Dean's putting his plate in the sink.

"You have a point, anyway I'm going to go pack a bag and call Cas" Dean says before he walks to his room.

Dean grabs a duffel bag off the floor and starts throwing clothes in. After he has about all his clothes stuffed in the small duffel he sits on his bed. "Cas you got your ears on?"

Cas appears out of literally know ware. "Hello Dean"

"Hey Cas, long time no talk" Dean say looking up at him.

"Ya it has been awhile, I'm trying to be a hunter" Cas says out of the blue.

"Why didn't you come to us? We could work together" Dean ask him.

"It can get a little awkward with us all together"

"Oh, well ok" Dean says kinda confused.

"Um dean could I ask a favor" Cas asks after a bit.

"Ya Cas, anything"

"Would you help me with a case?"

Dean thinks for a bit, he told Sam he would help him with a case. But then the thought of being with Cas alone enters him mind. "Ya sure Cas,when we leaving?"

"I was going to leave now, if that is fine with you"

"Ya that's cool let me just go tell Sam" Dean walks out of his room leaving Cas alone. When he gets to the kitchen Sam is sitting at the table eating a piece of toast. "Hey I'm going to go work a case with Cas"

Sam looks up from his laptop and puts down his toast. "Um ok, you want me to come? I can call someone else to take care of the werewolf" Sam tells him.

"Nah me and Cas can handle this one, you go kill twilight" Dean tells his brother.

Before Sam can say anything else Dean walks back to his room where Cas is waiting. "So where's the case at?" Dean asks looking at Cas.

"It is in Portland Indiana"

Dean grabs his bag off the bed "so are you going to zap us there?"

Instead of answering he touches Dean's forehead. They show up in a motel parking lot.

Dean looks around "So I guess we will stay at this motel" he points to it. "Let's go get checked in"

They walk up to the small office at the front of the building. A short man with a beard sits on a stool behind a counter.

"We need a room" Dean tells the man as if it wasn't obvious.

The man writes down something on a piece of paper "license?" The guy asks.

Dean pulls out his wallet and hands over one of his fake licenses. When Cas don't move Dean nuges him.

Cas quickly reaches into his pocket and pulls out a wallet. He grabs his license reading Jimmy Novak and hands it to the man.

The man looks at both of them suspiciously then writes there information down. He hands back there licenses. "King size bed, top floor" he tells them.

Dean's face turns red. "NO NO we're not together" he looks at the man.

"Yes we are together, you are there I'm here we are in the same room" Cas says confused at what Dean is talking about.

"Shut up! Not helping" Dean says seeming kind of angry.

Cas is still confused but decides not to say anything more.

"Whatever you say, so two separate beds?" The desk man asks.

"Ya that would be great" Dean tells him, his face still red.

The man hands him a key "Top floor, two queens"

Dean grabs the key wanting to get away from the man. They walk down a hall until they find a elevator. They both step in.

"Dean are you alright" Cas asks him.

"Ya why wouldn't I be" his face still a little red.

"Your face is red, do you have a fever?" he asks dean

"Maybe" Dean says trying to get less questions asked.

The elevator dings and the doors open. Dean is relieved because he doesn't feel like answering more aquard questions. They walk out of the elevator and down the hall. They find the room with the same number as the key.

Dean unlocks the door and steps inside. "Nice place" he says as he looks around.