chapter 6

Dean is mostly asleep, he starts to think about how warm he is. His mind wakes up more then he opens his eyes, he soon realizes why he's warm, he is practically laying on top of Cas.

Deans mind starts racing, he tries to think about how to play this off cool. Slowly he rolls over and off of the angel, now facing the wall, he can feel his face heated.

"Dean I know you're awake and have been for a little while, what are you doing?" Cas asks confused.

I never knew angels knew when your sleeping? Dean thinks to himself.

He knows he can't pretend sleep so he gets up out of Cas's bed, trying to be cool about it, yet not saying anything about laying on him. He walks over to his bed and grabs his duffel off the floor. He starts fishing around for some clothes.

"You move alot when you sleep" Cas says looking at the man.

Dean can feel his cheeks beginning to burn hotter, at this point he has all his clothes he needs, quickly he walks to the bathroom.

As soon as he's in the bathroom he shuts the door. He walks to the small sink and splashes some ice cold water on his face, thoughts racing around his mind.

Did I just ruin our friendship? Well he didn't seem to be bothered by it, but what if he just didn't want to make me uncomfortable?

These thoughts rush around Dean's head as he gets dressed. He walks out of the bathroom, throwing his dirty clothes on the floor by his bed. Dean sits down on his bed trying to avoid Cas's gaze that he feels on him. He grabs one of the pies off the floor and starts eating.

"Dean do you want to talk about that?" Cass breaks the silence.

"Talk about what? There's nothing to talk about" he says more harsh than he planned.

Dean should not have said that, now Cas starts to explain what happened and what he wants to talk about. "Last night you hugged me, it sounded like you were having a bad dream, so I hugged you back and you soon relaxed" Cas explains.

Dean's face turns a deep shade of red. He remembers having the nightmare, the same one he always has, his mother's death. But he did not remember the angel hugging him.

Cas sees the expression on Dean's face "are you alright"

Dean doesn't look at him "Ya, I'm good" he pauses trying to think of a way to change the subject. "Your bandages need changed" he says quickly before actually realizing what he said.

He thinks to himself, now he has to get close to him, mentally he face palms himself. Dean tries to play it cool and walks over to the table, grabbing the supplies then walks over to Cas's bedside. He puts the stuff on the bed then he himself sits.

Dean doesn't look up at Cas, he just looks at his stomach. He grabs the scissors and starts to cut off the ace bandage "Sit up some" he says almost at a whisper.

Cas sits up some as Dean pulls out the bandage from underneath him. When the bandage is removed he lays back down.

Dean throws away the old Bandage, then starts to peel away the gauze. He notices that they aren't soaked in as much blood like the last time he cleaned Cas's wound. He throws them away, grabbing the new gauze he starts to put them over the wound. Dean grabs the ace bandage and gets ready to put it on Cas's stomach.

Cas's sits back up seeing Dean is ready to put the bandage on.

Once the bandage is on he grabs the medical tape and is about to put it on.

Cas finally speaks "you know I kinda liked being hugged" he says smiling at the hunter.

Dean doesn't See him smile, his own face just burns red again.

"Dean you know it was-" Cas starts but is cut off.

"I LIKE YOU ALRIGHT SO JUST STOP!" Dean yells more nervous and hurt than in anger, he gets up quickly and walks towards the door.

"Dean wa-" the door slams shut before Cas finishes.

Dean walks down the hall, not towards the elevator but the other way. He sees the bathrooms and quickly walks in, locking the door behind him.

He hardly ever cries so why is he now, he silently thinks to himself.

All he can think about is how he just spilled his big ass secret.

After about a hour he has calmed down. He decides he has to face Cas sooner or later so why not just get it done and over with.

Dean walks out of the bathroom, making his way back to the room. He slowly opens the door and walks in, not looking at the angel. Dean sits on his bed and looks at the floor.

It is silent for a while till Cas says "how long?"

Dean doesn't move, he continues to look at the floor "How long what?" He asks confused.

"Since you liked me" Cas says slowly.

Dean can feel his gaze on his back "A few weeks after you pulled me out of Hell"

"Dean, can I tell you something" Cas asks nervously.

"Ya sure" he says a bit confused.

It is silent for a little while before the angel finally says "I like you to"