chapter 13

Dean wakes up a few hours later, by this time it is daylight out. He continues to lay on the angels lap, still pretending to be asleep. Dean can feel the warmth coming off of Cas's body, that alone nearly makes him fall back asleep.

"Dean?"

Dean opens his eyes groggily and looks up to Cas "morning my little angel"

A giant smile goes across both of their faces.

"Good morning" Castiel says smiling still.

Dean sits up on the seat and gets back in front of the steering wheel. He looks over at Cas who is sitting and watching him, Dean  leans over and presses their lips together.

Cas kisses back, but he's a little slower. Dean is one of the few he has ever kissed, the only man thought.

Dean pulled Cas close, the way he did it was almost needingly.

The angel winces a little because of his stomach wound, quickly ignoring the pain thought, all he can focus on now is Dean's green eyes that open every so often during the kiss.

Dean wraps his arms around Cas's neck, pulling away slowly "I love you my angel" he says before hugging Cas and putting his face into his neck.

Castiel hugs back "I love you to"

Dean reluctantly pulls away and sits in the driver's seat again "Well we better get going" He says as he starts the engine.

Cas smiles and looks out the window, he thinks to himself, he would do anything for Dean. After he raised him from hell he felt a bond, a strong one at that. Then he started to get a weird feeling when he was around the man. For awhile he did not know what this weird feeling was. It really hit him that he loved the man when he was about to kill him.

All those years ago Naomi had brain washed him, Castiel nearly killed Dean but when Dean said to Cas "I need you" that snapped him out of it, after that he knew for sure what the feeling was. It was love, he had fell in love with a human, know he knew the human loved him back. Castiel didn't know how Dean loved him, he had done a lot to the Winchesters and not all was good.

Dean looks over and can see the reflection of Cas's face on the window"Cas you alright"

He doesn't respond, just continued looks out the window.

"Cas?" Dean says trying again, this time a little more urgently.

This time the angel looks over to him.

"You alright man?"

"Why do you love me? I have done so much bad for you and Sam"

Dean's face turns a little hurt. "You might have done some bad Cas but you have done more good for us than bad" he pauses to take a breath "even though you have done some things I can't help but love you, your always there for me when I need you"

The whole time Dean talked Cas listened intently "I just don't see why you like me"

Dean doesn't say anything for a little bit,he just looks at the road in front of him. He finally talks "do you want the truth"

"Yes very much so"

Dean doesn't look away from the road. "I have always felt a connection with you, but over time I tried to convince myself that it was because you raised me from hell" he pauses to take another breath, trying to keep himself from crying "but then I realized it wasn't because you raised me from hell" he pauses once more "it was because I liked you and it took me awhile to actually accept that I liked a guy" he reaches one hand over and grabs Cas's hand "But I am really glad I now accept myself as bisexual, and that I have found the perfect angel"

Castiel doesn't say anything, instead he looks down at their intertwined hands, scooting over some and then lays his head onto Dean's shoulder.

Dean smiles a little and continues to drive.

---------a few hours later-------

Castiel is still laying his head on Dean's shoulder, their hands are still holding one another.

Dean pulls up to a gas station and parks in a spot. "I'm going to get some food, I think I need more than just candy" he laughs and lets go of the angels hand.

Castiel sits up and watches as Dean leaves the car.

Dean walks into the gas station, he grabs two sodas out of the cooler then he walks in front of a sine that says FOOD. He picks up a pizza that is already cooked. Walking to yet another counter where a woman scans the items.

Dean looks over and sees they are selling stuffed animals that say I love you. The hunter walks over and grabs a blue dog that is holding a bone with the words I love you on it.

The woman look up at him a little weirdly but doesn't say anything.

Dean carries out the paper bag that the woman put the items in, making sure the dog is in the bottom of the bag.

He gets in the car and sits the bag down, pulling out the pizza and the soda.

"Hear Cas" he says handing the angel that was eyeing him a soda.  

He grabs it, then fumbles with the tab a little but finally opens it. He takes a sip, it tastes like molecules.

Dean closes the bag quickly to hide the stuffed dog, grabbing the bag he puts it in the back seat along with the beer he had bought the day prior.

"We are almost there my angel"

Cas just smiles at his boyfriend.