chapter 12

Dean starts up the Impala's engine, a large smile painted across his face.

Cas sits in the passenger seat looking at Dean "Where are we going?"

Dean looks over to Cas who has a puzzled look on his face "It's a surprise" he says before he looks in front of car.

He pulls away from the bunker, knowing that this is going to be a fun trip. He reaches his arm over into the glove box, pulling out a cassette tape with little writing on it. He looks at it for a moment, it says Asia.

He pops the cassette tape player, the song heat of the moment starts playing.

"You like Asia?" Dean says to Cas who was looking out the car window.

When he hears Dean's voice he looks over "I have never really listened to music before, there's never been a need"

A surprised look goes on Dean's face "you mean you have never listened to music" he ask queshtoning the angel.

"As I just said there has never been a need for it" Cas goes back to staring out the car window.

"Well my handsome friend by the time this car ride is over you will be loving Asia"

Dean doesn't see it because Cas is looking out the window, but a small smile goes across Castiel's face.

Cas thinks to himself, although this is just a vessel Dean thinks I'm handsome.

Dean drives, he kinda knows how to get to the grand canyon, remembering when he went there with Sam awhile ago. A faint memory of them hunting a werewolf somewhere around there.

He is snapped back into reality when he sees a gas station. He decides to stop and get some gas and maybe some food.

Cas looks over at Dean "this is where you wanted to take me?"

Dean looks over to him laughing a little "no my little angel this is not where I'm taking you" he pauses as he parks beside a gas pump "we need gas and I need food so I will be right back"

The angel looks at him then back out the window.

Dean gets out and starts to pump the gas, once done he puts the thing back up and walks inside the small building. He sees a tall man with a beard watching tv behind a counter.

Dean walks around and when he finds what he was looking for, Dean grabs four candy bars. He then goes to the cooler that is lining the wall, grabbing two beers.  

Dean walks up to the counter and lays the items down, the man reluctantly starts to scan the items.

"Your not going to drink and drive right?" The tall man asks.

"No it's for my buddy" Dean says pointing out to the car.

The man looks out and sees Cas sitting in the front seat of the car. He puts the beers and candy bars into a big brown paper bag

Dean pulls out his wallet and gives the man one of his many fake credit cards, he swipes it and then hands it back. Dean puts it back into his wallet and then into his pocket.

The man hands him the paper bag then goes back to watching tv.

Dean walks back out and sits in the driver's side. He pulls out two candy bars and throws one on Castiel's lap.

Cas looks down at his lap startled "Dean you know I don't eat, everything just tastes like molecules"

"I know Cas but eat it anyway it's good for you" he opens his own candy bar and takes a bite.

"Actually I'm not sure this is good for me" Castiel says as he's reading the label.

"No Cas you don't read that part of the label, you just read the part that says chocolate" Dean laughed as he eats and starts the Impala up.

The angel opens up the candy bar and takes a small bite. It just tastes like molecules, he thinks, continuing to eat it anyway though to make Dean happy.

---------a few hours later-------

They continue there drive until its about two in the morning.

"Dean I think you should sleep, you keep swerving" Castiel says worried.

"I have drove longer with a lot less sleep than I have now"

"But your tired and need to sleep" he takes a small pause "pull over and I will watch you and make sure know one comes near"

"I don't know if I could sleep knowing your watching me Cas" Dean actually knows that he could sleep with the angel watching him.

"I won't watch you then, I will just look out the window"

"Ok fine" he says a bit ruder than he meant to. He pulls over along the side of the road, know one else seems to be around.

The hunter turns off the car but leaves the key in the ignition. Instead of crawling in the back seat of the car like he normally does, he lays his head on Cas's lap.

Castiel looks down at him as if surprised.

Dean sees the expression on his face and smiles at him "I love you Cas"

"I love you to Dean" he smiles down at him.

Dean reaches over and grabs his hand, he uses his free hand to turn down the radio that is still playing songs by Asia.

Dean falls asleep on the side of the road with the person, well angel that he loved.