chapter 8

The next few days go by in a breeze. They mostly consist of Dean snuggling with Cas, and the occasion kisses they share. There is also a lot of tv involved.

~four days later~

Dean wakes up, his head laying on Cas's bare chest "Morning" he says as he looks up at the angel.

Cas looks away from the tv and down at Dean "Morning" he says with a bright smile.

Dean crawls out of the bed, walking to the kitchen. He opens the fridge, only seeing a carton of eggs he had bought the day prior. Dean grabs the eggs and starts to cook them.

After the eggs are done he puts them on one of the plates in the cupboard, he then walks out to the room the beds are in.

"I think we can leave today, I mean your stomach is looking better" Dean says as he starts showing the eggs into his mouth.

"I suppose so, it isn't hurting as much"

"Ok so I will pack up our stuff then we can head out" he says before walking back into the kitchen and putting his plate in the sink.

Over the next hour Dean has packed everything up "Alright ready to go" he walks over to Cas who has not been out of the bed in almost a week, slowly Dean helps him get up.

Cas winces in pain at first but then it becomes more bearable, trying to walk on his own is not an option, he tries to take a step but ends up falling.

"You alright" Dean says as he catches him.

"My legs feel weird"

"Well being laid up for about a week will do that to you" Dean says with a chuckle, still holding the angel up.

Cas puts his hand on Dean forehead, about to zap them both to the bunker.

Dean quickly stops him "Cas you're not strong enough, we're driving"

He is about to oblige but decides better of it, knowing he isn't strong enough to get them back to the bunker. Cas wraps his arms around around the man, slowly they make their way towards the door, the process takes a while.

Dean gets a idea, a giant smile goes across his face. He let's go of Cas for a second and then picks him up bridal style.

"Dean what are yo-" he is cut off as Dean presses a kiss to his lips.

"you can barely walk so I'm helping" he says smiling down at the angel in his arms.

Dean starts to walk out, grabbing his duffel and puts it on his arm.

He walks down the hall to the elevator, earning some looks from people.

The doors open rather quickly and Dean walks in.

The whole time they are in the elevator Cas is looking up at Dean, a large smile across his face.

The doors ding and he walks out, still carrying his angel.

"You boys enjoy your stay?" the man at the front desk laughs as he sees Dean carrying the other man.

"Ya I think we did" Dean says not in anger but in a happy tone as he lays the key on the desk.

"Well you to love birds enjoy yourself" he says still laughing.

Dean's face turns a little red but continues to walk out the door.

Once he's outside he looks around, there seems to be know one around. So he walks over to the car he had been using. Surprisingly no one has taken it, or called the police because of the blood.

He opens the passenger door and sits Cas down.

"Thanks" Cas says, his eyes not leaving the man.

"Don't mention it" Dean says before shutting the door.

Dean walks over and gets in the driver's seat, turning the key, the engine roaring to life. They pull out of the parking lot and get on the road "Hey um Cas" Dean says trying to look at the road and the angel sitting beside him "We're not gonna tell Sammy about this right?"

"About what Dean?" Cas asks confused.

"Dammit Cas, about us" he snaps at him.

"Oh, well if you don't want to tell Sam that is fine with me" he says with a note of hurt in his voice.

Dean notices the hurt in Cas's voice right away "Sorry for snapping at you, it's just I'm worried about how he would take us"

"It's fine Dean" Cas says feeling a little hurt but trying to keep his voice from showing it.

Dean can still hear the hurt in the angels voice. He thinks about what to say but says nothing. Instead he reaches one of his hands over and grabs one of Cas's.

Cas smiles when Dean entwines there fingers.

Some time goes by before Cas breaks the silence "If were hiding this from Sam...are we even going to be together?" He asks nervously.

"We're going to be together, it's just we aren't going to tell Sam or let him see it"

"Oh..for how long"

Dean looks over at him "for as long as we can, but if and when Sam finds out it won't change anything" he pauses "I will always like you"

The rest of the way to the bunker is silent. When they finally arrive they see the Impala sitting outside "Oh have I missed you baby" Dean says smiling and looking at the car as they pull up.

Dean parks the car they are driving beside the Impala. He get out with his duffel bag and walks to the passenger side, opening the door and helping Cas get out. Instead of picking the angel up he grabs his waist.

Once Cas is completely out of the car he puts his arm around the back of Dean's neck, using him as support to stand.

Dean let's go of Cases waist, moving his arms up and wraps them around Cas’s ribs.

Dean shuts the car door, then they hobel to the bunker door.