chapter 14

They drive in silence for awhile, Cas looking out the window most of the time. Eventually Dean decided it was to quiet. He popped out the Asia cassette tape and then flipped it over. When he put it back in Heat of the moment started playing. He remembered that this is the side if the tape that song will continue to replay even after it is over once.

Dean originally got the tape like that to make Sam mad and annoy him with the same song. But then after the incident with the trickster he stopped, remembering how Sam said he would die everyday and then Sam would wake up to this song. Even though that happened Dean couldn't help but to still love this song.

He started to mouth the words to himself.

Cas looks over at Dean who is still mouthing the song lyrics. A smile now across his face as he thinks that Dean is just so adorable.

Dean noties the angel watching at him "Wanna join in" he asks laughing and smiling.

Cas smiles more "I would but I don't know the words"

"Well this songs going to be playing for hours so you will get the hang of it" he says still laughing and smiling.

Cas looks back out the passenger side window.

Dean sees this and turns down the radio " Hey Cas you alright?"

"Ya I'm fine" he continues to look out the window.

Dean looks over at Cas and back to the road "you sure? The whole time we have been on the road you have been staring out that window"

When Cas turns around to face him Dean can see tears starting to form. He slows the car down so he doesn't have to look at the road, grabbing Cas's hand "what's wrong angel" he asks caringly.

"It nothing" he quickly wipes the tears away from his eyes.

"Cas I know it's not nothing you never cry"

"I'm just afraid" he says slowly.

"About what?"

"That your going to leave me, I love you Dean and no one else could ever fill that spot in my heart as you humans put it"

"Cas I'm not going to leave you not ever, why do you even think I would leave you?"

"Because your not open about us being together and if Sam we're to find ou-"

Dean cuts him off "I don't care if Sam finds out I'm not going to leave you I just would like to keep us a secret for now" he pauses thinking about what to say next "but if it does get out that we are together then so what, I love you and there is know way I'm ever going to lose you"

Cas smiles and scoots over, laying his head on Dean's shoulder, there hands still entwined.

"I love you my little angel and nothing could ever take that away" dean tells Cas as he kisses his head.

----a few hours go by----

When they finally arrive Cas is still laying his head on Dean's shoulder "angel we are hear" Dean says as he parks the Impala.

Cas sits up and looks around "where are we?"

"Well let's go look around and maybe you will recognize it" Dean quickly jumping out of the Impala, rushing to the passenger side. He opens the door for his boyfriend.

"Thanks" Castiel says as he steps out of the Impala.

"No problem angel" he pauses as if he remembers something "I almost forgot" he opens the back door and pulls out two papers bags then shuts the door and grabs Castiel's hand "Come on angel"

Cas smiles as Dean leads him closer to the edge.

Dean sits down on the ground, Cas tries to sit down beside him but when he goes to sit on the ground Dean pulls him over some so he falls on his lap.

"Dean?" He says a little startled.

"This is what couples do Cas" he smiles brightly.

"Alright if you say so"

"I do say so" he says laughing as he grabs one of the paper bags on the ground beside them. He pulls out two beers and hands Cas one "There not cold but it will have to do" he says pressing a kiss to the angels cheek.

Cas opens his beer and drinks, it just tastes like molecules, why did everything have to taste like molecules he wonders.

Dean sees the look on the angels face "did I do something wrong?" He asks a little worried.

"No Dean, this is perfect"

Dean smiles and wraps one arm around Cas's waist, trying to avoid his wound "Well my little angel if you haven't already realized" he drinks some of his beer "we are at the one and only grand canyon"

Cas looks around in amazement then he looks to his boyfriend "I'm glad I got to come here with you"

"Me to my angel" he says as he pecks him on the lips then grabs the other bag "I think today's Valentine's day but I kinda lost track of the days" he laughs nervously "anyway this is my first Valentine's day that I'm actually happy in a actual relationship and not a one night stand" he pulls out the blue puppy "I got you something"

Cas smiles "it's adorable Dean" he grabs the puppy.

"I knew you would like it"

"I love it, and I love you Dean"

Dean leans over a little and kisses him.

The sun is starting to set and they both watch in awe.

This is just how Dean had pictured this in his head a million times. His angel sitting on his lap and them watching the sunset together.