chapter 17

Both Dean and Cas changed into normal clothes. Cas had given Dean his shorts back and he gladly put his suit and trench coat back on.

It doesn't take long before Dean has finished packing. He slings his duffle bag over his shoulder and grabs the blue rose off his pillow, being extremely careful not to ruin it. He then looks over to the angel sitting on the bed holding the blue stuffed dog.

"Cas you ready to go?"

The angel looks over to him "ya I'm ready" he says with sadness in his voice.

"Cas I know your upset but we can still be together all the time at the bunker"

"I like it when it's just the two of us, when it's just us you are way more open" Castiel says as he looks down at the blue puppy in his hands.

"If I promise to be more open with you when we get back will you be happy? Seeing you sad is killing me" he sits down on the bed near the angel.

Cas looks at the man sitting beside him "you would risk Sam finding out your bisexual for me?" He says with a surprised look on his face.

"Yes Cas, I would do anything for you" he says as he leans over and kisses him "You are my angel and I love you"

Hearing Dean say that makes Cas blush "I love you to Dean" he says with a smile starting to spread across his face.

Dean stands up off of the bed, he picks Cas up bridal style. Not being as gentle as he had before when the angel was hurt, but still gental. Dean knows the wound on Cas's stomach is now completely healed. The only thing left was a scar he had seen last night.

Once Cas is settled in Dean's arms Castiel reaches his arms up and wraps them around his neck.

Dean smiles at this as he walks out of the hotel room. He quickly finds the Impala and walks to it, first opening up the car door and sits Cas inside.

"Thanks Dean" Castiel says smiling as Dean shuts the car door.

Dean walks over to the other side of the car and hops in. He throws his duffel bag in the back seat and puts his rose on the dash.

He starts up the engine that immediately roars to life. Before pulling out of the parking spot, he reach his arm over to the glove box, grabbing a cassette tape that says Bon Jovi scribbled in marker on the front. He pops it in the cassette player, it starts to play. Dean starts to lip sync the song as he pulls out of the parking lot.

Cas's eyes never left Dean, nore did the smile that was still painted across his face. This was perfect he thought, he was with the person he truly loved. He still couldn't believe that Dean liked him back or the fact that he always assumed Dean to be straight.

Dean who is still lip syncing notices that Cas looking at him with a confused look on his face. He turns down the radio nearly all the way "Cas are you alright?" he asks generally worried like always.

Cas snaps back into reality "ya I'm alright Dean" he says as he looks down at the stuffed puppy in his lap, trying to avoid Deans gaze.

"Cas don't lie to me, I know something is on your mind so spill"

He doesn't look away from the stuffed dog "It's just I wanted to spend more time together, just me and you"

"I promise you that when we get back to the bunker I will spend all my time with you"

Cas looks at him like he doesn't believe him, but doesn't say anything.

-hours later-

They finally make it to the bunker, parking the car out front. Dean grabs his duffel out of the back seat and quickly gets out of the car. He walks over to the passenger side where Cas is already getting out. "You might want to put the dog in your pocket until we get to my room" he says as he makes a gesture towards it.

Cas looks a little upset by that but does what Dean says, he slips the puppy into his pocket.

Dean can see Cas is upset by this "if you want to have it out you can"

Cas doesn't move "it's fine Dean"

Dean knows he is still upset so he kisses him and grabs his angels hand "I love you"

"I love you to dean" Cas says blushing but is still nervous about how it is going to go when they get in the bunker.