Ming

A/N

Since I'm sitting here waiting at Urgent Care thought I would give my lovelies something to read. Don't fret, I'm fine. Just hurt my back a little. Next time I'll make sure to have the hubby do all the manual labor! ;)

********************

I look down at our entwined hands as Sin leads me to the cafeteria. We are getting some looks but I don't care. People can speculate about me all they want. The truth is I do like a man and I'm open to liking another. I have made peace with that part of myself a while ago. I started liking Kit in high school, but I never got the courage to say anything. After Pha had unknowingly rejected Yo, I just assumed Kit and Beam were only into girls. When I saw Kit again in college, I knew I had to be honest with him and myself. I didn't want to regret not pursuing him like I wanted to in high school. I thought he was starting to like me back but I guess I was really wrong.

"What would you like? I can grab it while you find us a seat," Sin offers.

"I'll just have what you are having." Letting go of his hand, I take his bag and he heads off while I go searching for a table. Lunch is in full swing and many tables are full. I finally spot one and ask the people already sitting there if the two seats are available. After a head nod, I sit and keep an eye out for p'Sin. When I see him looking back and forth, I stand to wave my hand at him.

"I'm glad the lines weren't that long. It seems to be crazy busy right now," Sin says setting the tray down. I look to see that he has brought us noodles with side salads.

"Thank you." I accept my bowl of noodles and salad and I ask him if I can buy us some drinks.

"Nope, I have us covered." He pulls water bottles out of his bag and hands one to me. "I carry extra water with me. It pays to stay hydrated."

Taking a bite of the noodles my tongue is immediately on fire. Quickly swallowing, I take a huge gulp of water hoping it cools my burning mouth.

"You okay, nong?" Sin asks in concern. He leans over to dab at my watering eyes with a napkin. "Too spicy?"

Trying not to cough, I glare at him, which in turn makes him laugh hysterically. I don't find this that funny.

"I like spicy food but I think you want to kill my tastebuds," I accuse with a pout.

"I do like my food pretty spicy..."

"Pretty spicy! My tongue is numb," I growl.

"I should have asked. I'm sorry." He does look apologetic, but his smirk is ruining it.

"Is the salad safe? Or did you fire bomb it too?"

"I promise the salad is safe to eat. Would you like me to get you something else?"

I shake my head, taking a tentative bite of the salad. The dressing is cool on my blistered tongue and I'm happy that I taste zero spice. "This is fine. I'll just swap you." I give him the hotter than hell noodles and take his salad.

"I guess that's fair. I'll know next time that you like the wimpy spice level," Sin teases.

I stick my tongue out at him and continue eating my meal.

"What kind of doctor do you want to be?" I ask. Please don't say surgeon.

"I am studying to be a physical therapist. Why did you decide on engineering?"

"My Pa is a civil engineer. I have always been interested in the projects he was working on and we spent a lot of time together building things. It just made sense to follow in his footsteps," I say shrugging. "My Pa didn't force me into engineering. He has always been supportive of me following my own path and dreams, but I think I'm going to like being an engineer."

"As long it's something you will enjoy that is all that counts. You don't want to make a career out of something you hate."

"I agree. We have too many years ahead of us that we have to make a living to be stuck in some job that is miserable. Are you done? I don't want you to be late for your class."

Sin looks at the time on his phone and let's a soft curse slip.

"Shit, I do need to get going," he says looking regretful.

"You go on and I'll take care of all this," I say pointing to our trash.

My eyes widen in shock as I feel p'Sin's lips on my cheek.

"Thanks, n'Ming. See you later at the gym?"

I can't speak so I nod my head instead.

Throwing his bag over his shoulder he gives me a wave and turns to leave. I put my hand up to my tingling cheek in awe. My first kiss from a guy and it's not from my Kit. Shit...