Blade Under the Neck

(KatieWanKenobi made the names up not me)

"Prim" I shouted "What do you mean?"

But Prim was slipping into unconscious mode.

"Help me carry Prim!" I shouted at my mom. We literally dragged Prim up the stairs and put her on a bed. I stroke her pale face before I ran to my children's room.

"Mother" Rue, my daughter called. "come and see what I drew!"

I manage a smile and padded over. She was never a fantastic artist so it looked scribbles of blue and red. 

"Great." I smiled. Except that I have no idea what that is.

I turned to look at Finnick's side of the room which was surprisingly cleaner than Rue's. He was not there. My heart seemed to sink and fall out of my stomach. 

"Where's Finnick?" I demanded, my trembling returning.

"He went ou..t" Rue mummbled so her words were barely audible. "I tri..ed to st..op hi...m"

"PEETA!" I screamed "FINNICK'S GONE!"

Peeta zipped upstairs and into the room. He gaped at Finnick's empty side of the room.

"I will go look. You stay" He said and tried to ran downstairs.

"No," I ordered "I am. YOU protect Rue"

"Protect me from what?" Rue peeped up. Her eyes round with curiosity. I would have been amused but I ran out the house my heart feeling like a stone.

"FINNICK!" I screamed. "FINNICK!"

"What's wrong Catnip" Unmistakable voice sounded behind me.

I whipped around to find Gale smiling with his hand on...Finnick's shoulder. Now my heart seemed to fall out from now body.

"I just ran into him." He casually. "No need to freak"

"Finnick come here!" I ordered him, glaring at Gale. "What do you want?"

Finnick tried to but Gale kept his hand firm on Finnick's shoulder, jerking him back.

"WHAT ARE YOU DOING!" I shrieked, my spit flying everywhere. "LET HIM GO OR I AM GOIN.."

Gale drew the blade that was suppose to be burnt.

I stumbled and almost collapsed on the ground.

"Yes Katniss" He crackled "YOU should have chosen me"

I lunged at him but he thrust his blade under Finnick's neck.

"Say good bye"