The Fresh Pain

Rue

"Mom?"

My mom turned to me her soft ghostly eyes bored into my blue one making me flinch badly.

"Rue..." Her voice cracked with emotion.

Can ghost's voice crack?

"Mom" Finnick gasped "What..are you..?"

"Dead?" She answered for him "Maybe"

"How can you not know!" Finnick exploded "You are dead because of me! If I haven't screamed you would be alive!"

"Its never your fault Finnicked" Mom conformed "It was my choice"

Below Gale was aiming another arrow his face filled with confusion.

"I will deal with that" My mom floated down the tree with amazing speed and grabbed the arrow out of Gale's bow and snapped it in half.

**************************

Gale's

It scared the crap out of me when my arrow snapped in half.

First thing that got to my mind ghost Katniss. Probably hunting me for killing her.

"This isn't over Katniss" I hissed to the faint shimmering light. "Let's go guys"

**************************

"Are you crazy Rayna!" I heard Richard yelling at Rayna "I almost got her!"

"What could I do?" She snapped "Just let him warn her?"

"You could have stabbed him right there!" He snapped back "Are you stupid"

"I..never killed anyone before" She confessed honesty.

"You what?!" I snarled at my niece "So you lied?"

She shrank back from my hovering form.

"I am..sorry" She stammered "But...I really wanted to help"

"Rayna" I said through gritted teeth "Congratulation you get the honor of killing Finnick. Go now!"

She eyes widened in fear and scampered out the house her eyes wide with fear and terror.

**************************

Rayna

Congrats myself. I am about to die.

I trudged down the alley hoping I wouldn't run into Finnick.

Blame my luck I did.

Shimmering light was with them. I couldn't see clearly. I bet that's their dead mom Katniss.

The only reason I joined this gang is to kill Finnick.

I..like him but I couldn't tell that to anyone or reveal it.

So I wanted to kill him for making me feel..emotion for him. How dare he..exist. I hate him for that.

Does he feel the same for me?

No. Of course not I tried to kill him for heaven's sake!

Tears rolled my eyes as I aimed my arrow at his throat. I tried to keep my my hand from shaking and keeping my mouth shut while a whimper tried to escape.

Then I had a better idea. I drew my knife instead and got ready to strike at my heart.