The Talent

"No!!!!" I screamed "Don't you dare do that!"

"Katniss, Katniss, Katniss," He sighed "When will you learn respect?"

He put the knife closer to Finnick's neck. The knife glinted in the afternoon sun, almost mocking.

"I will do anything!" I begged, my tears seemed to freely flow. "Just don't hurt him! Please,"

"Too bad" Gale sneered. "So sad. You are too late Katniss. You think I would actually forgive you after you ripped my heart to shreds?"

Tears rolled down my cheeks as I collapsed on the ground. "Please..... I will do anything just give him back"

"Anything?" He raised his eye brow

"Yes.."

"Let's see. Then kill Peeta and Rue."

"NOOOOOO!!!!!" Finnick cried and tried to move forward as Gale roughly yanked him back. "Mommy don't"

My heart shattered torn between my family.

"Just let me kill myself" I begged "Just kill me..."

Gale smiled "Unfortunately I can't do that"

He raised his knife to strike. "Final prayers Katniss?"

"No!!!!!" I lunged myself at him but something got there before me.

My arrow it pierced the Gale's Arm.

"Rue!" I heard Finnick cry

There stood tiny Rue holding...my bow?

Gale gasped in pain snapping me out of my shock.

I grabbed Finnick and ran for home sweet safe home Rue trailing behind.

*************************************

"You are in so much trouble young man" I scowled down at Finnick who had a 'I am very very sorry' look on his face

"Why did you do it?" Peeta asked gently

"Uncle Gale told me" He mumbled "He told me to come here...he said if I don't come bad things will happen...."

"Like what?" I asked "What else did he say?"

"He said.." Finnick got very interested in his shoes "He said you made a lot of mistakes that....that need to be corrected"

Dead silence filled the room.

"What mistakes momma" Rue tugged at my arm "Why did Uncle Gale do that?"

Just then Primrose Staggered in with my mom tagging behind.

"Gale and Peeta isn't it?" She asked her voice filled with worry "The single choice..."

"The single choice that ruin Gale's life" I whispered to myself "A single choice"

"Did you see me shoot?" Rue bragged, her voice seemed to be coming from far, far away. "I watched mommy do it lots of times and I figured it wouldn't be hard..."

I hated choices. I hated them. 

"Maybe its time they." Prim suggested.

"What?"

"About your history."