Hole in the Heart

Finnick P.O.V.

I flinched back as blood splattered on my clothes.

I thought he would die but he simply spat out blood and pulled out my beautiful dagger.

Blood poured out from the terrible would I gave him.

He staggered towards me determined to kill me.

I did something very instinctive : I screamed.

******************************

Katniss's P.O.V.

I heard Finnick scream.

I bolted for the door as fast as my leg could carry me. I slammed the door open to find bloody Gale hovering above fallen Finnick.

Gale's mouth formed a smug smile.

I screamed and charged at him knocking him over but he managed to give my shoulder a huge cut.

"I am tired of this Gale!" I screeched as I knocked Finnicks dagger out of him "Stop! I don't want to kill you"

Gale punched me hard on the jaw.

I stumbled and he push me off him. Finnick's dagger flew across the yard and land next to Finnick.

Gale grabbed my neck. Gosh he was so strong.

He started squeezing it.

I gasped as he squeashed harder. His hand were choking me. Black spots dance before my eyes.

"MOM!" I heard Finnick scream.

All seemed to be far away.

My life flashed before my eyes. Not exactly my life with Gale.

We were hunting together. Then there was hunger games. After that, the war. Suddenly after the war. Finally now. Not exactly now but...

Tears rolled down my cheeks then I blacked out.

******************************

Finnick P.O.V.

I saw my mom collapse and the word seem to go blank.

Anger replaced my shock. I gripped my dagger tightly.

Then I heard the footsteps. My dad exploded my the door carrying a sword.

He almost dropped his sword when he saw my mom.

He was fuming mad. He raised his sword and charged Gale.

Surprising Gale fled. I guess he didn't think he would stand a chance with no weapons.

There was a gasp from the door and Aunt Primrose appeared.

"Katniss!" My dad was kneeling in front of her gently shaking her shoulder.

"Let me see!" My grandma charged out the door her eyes wide with horror.

"Don't let Rue come!" Primrose ordered "Get inside"

I did better than that I ran inside and slammed into Rue head first her dark hair.

"Finnick!" She screeched "What da...."

I stood up and grabbed her wrist.

"Come on" I pulled her upstairs.

She raised an eyebrow but followed me to our bedroom.

******************************

"What happened?" She demanded "Tell me now!"

"Mom..."

"Mom what!"

"She's hurt..." I managed to choke out.

"Mom..." She gasped and tried to go out the door but I somehow managed to push her out the way.

"Get out the way!" She snarled and pushed me out the way.

"Rue!" I screamed and chased after her but it was too late. She was already outside.

"Mom!"I heard her scream "Is she alive? IS SHE ALIVE!"

"Rue!" I chased after her. Sometimes I am the more mature kid.

"She has.."My grandma said examining my mom "She has a chance...but let's get her inside"

My dad scooped her up gently and carried her inside.

Rue was sobbing her eyes out. While Aunt Primrose clutched her tightly.

"Is she going to die...?" I croaked "Is she?"

Primrose shook her head and smiled a fake smile "She will be perfectly fine. Get inside"

I grabbed Rue's hand and guided her toward the house. I wanted to sob I wanted to crawled on my mom's lap and cry my eyes out. But my inside felt too hollow to to anything muchless cry.

"By the way" Primrose conformed "Tomorrow is the first day of school"