A Winner

Gale snatched the blade up and pointed at my direction. I was weaponless. He was not and he was ready to use that weapon on me.

"Why...Gale?" I croaked "I don't want to hurt you but.."

"You did" Gale informed me "But you did"

Tears formed on my eyes.

He raised his dagger to strike. "Good bye Catnip and may odds be ever in in your favor for your after life"

I closed my eyes waiting for the blackness to engulf me instead he dropped his gasping and clutching his hand.

I looked up to see my family running to me except my mother and Prim of course.

Rue had her bow in her hand and couple arrows were sticking out of her...no my quill.

Gale stood up shakily but Rue aimed her arrow at his heart with trembling fingers.

He snarled and raised his dagger.

"Gale" Peeta said "This is over"

"No," Gale said smugly "Its not over until I kill all of you or you kill me"

Peeta growled and took out his own dagger ready to lunch.

"STAY BACK!" Rue commanded "Or I will shoot"

Gale turned his malicious eyes at my daughter laughing. "Shoot me tiny Rue. I wonder if your mom over there" He pointed to me "Can take this anymore"

My hands trembled. I could have killed him and got this stupid thing over with. I could have saved my family less trouble. But...but I didn't. I felt awful.

I got shakily to my feet still shaken and trembling. I snatched Peeta's dagger from him and pointed its glittering tip at Gale.

"Bring it on" I challenged.

Smiled formed in corner of his mouth. "My pleasure fire girl"

He leaped and slashed his dagger at my direction while I rolled another.

My family was inching away and Rue still had her bow aimed at his heart.

He tried to slash me again but I ducked and stabbed him in the legs making him howl in pain which made my head spin.

Strong scent of blood made me dizzy. So I leaped back ready to defend.

He howled one more time and ripped part of his jacket off and tried to bandage the wound best he can.

The fuzziness was going away so I charged hoping to end this quickly.

Even tough I have been trough life and death situation in Hunger Games he still was strong.

He bowled into surprised me and tried to cut my arm but I punched him hard in the chest making him stumble backward and fall.

I kicked him and pinned him down.

Suddenly his bandage came loose and his blood soaked my pants making me dizzy again.

I tried to stabbed him  but me pushed  me off him and slashed my arm giving it good and painful cut.

The dizziness still didn't go away. I quickly rubbed my eyes then saw Gale charging at me. I tried to brace myself but I was too slow.

He slammed me into the tree and raised his...no my dagger next to my throat.

Then there was piercing sound and one arrow landed on Gale's back. Rue let another arrow loose and it pierced Gales hand.

I quickly pushed him away and slammed my fist onto his back making him fall.

I gasped for breath and blackness engulfed me.