4 - Brothers and Sisters

Well here is the next chapter :) Dedicated to Marvelfan10294. Tell me what you guys think of it :)

~Z

Tom's P.O.V.

"I hope you don't mind but one of my sisters will be coming around today. We sorta organized it before i knew you were coming." I was just finishing making the eggs as Chris entered the room.

"Its all good. I guess this means that i'll get to meet at least one of your sisters." I couldn't help but laugh.

"I guess so. That would make us even since i've met your sister." I finished making beakfast completely as Elsa and Lani walked in the door. I smiled a little as I noticed Lani closing her eyes and taking a deep breath in, a small smile creeping its way onto her lips.

"Something smells good." She said with her eyes still closed. After a few moments her eyes fluttered open our eyes locked for a few brief moments. She quickly looked away and Chris cleared his throat. 

"Well, breakfast is ready." I place the plates full of eggs and bacon on the table as everyone sits down. "So what do you do for work Lani?" I asked trying to pick up a friendly conversation while we all ate.

"I work at a primary school in Melbourne, teaching years 3 and 4." She answered. I thought it over for a bit.

"She is quite famous at that school." Chris said.

"Only because they all know you. If you hadn't come in that day they would have thought me just another ordinary teacher, but they are a lovely bunch of students." Lani explained. I chuckled as she spoke.

"So then apart from Chris, do you have any other siblings?" I asked. 

"A older and younger brother. Luke being the oldest and Liam being the youngest.  Do you have any siblings?" She asked.

"An older and younger sister. Sarah being the oldest and Emma being the youngest." She nods her head as I explain. "You'll get to meet Emma today. She is going to drop by for a visit." I could see her thiking it through and evaluting the situation. 

I was about to say something else when there was a knock at my door. I excused myself and went to the front door. I stood behind the front door and stood with my hand on the doorknob.

"Thomas William Hiddleston, I know you're in there, I can hear you breathing." The familiar voice of my sister rang from the other side of the door. I let out a laugh and opened the door to be greated with a hug. "I think you need to work on making your breathing a bit quieter, Tom." 

"I'll try Emma. Its either that or your hearing is improving." 

"Flattery gets you nowhere." She smiled and walked into the kitchen with me close behind her. She smiles at everyone.

"Emma, this is-"

"Wait, let me guess." She interrupted. She points to Chris "Your Chris," Chris nods his head and smiles, she then points to Elsa, "Your Elsa." Elsa smiles and nods. Emma then points to Lani. "That means you must be Chris's sister, who's name I haven't been told."

"I'm Lani."

"Sweet! Now I know everybody here. What is Lani short for?" Emma asked. Lani seemed to shift a bit in her seat.

"It's short for Laylani. I don't like the full version so everyone just calls me Lani." Emma nods her head.

"Well it is nice to meet you all, I'm Emma." Emma and Lani are looking at each other and Emma seems to have a thinking face on. "You look really familiar, we haven't met before have we?"

"I don't believe so, I never forget a face. Or name for that matter." Lani replied. 

"Oh well. Listen Tom, I need a huge favor." Emma turned and faced me.

"Sure."

"Mum is cleaning out the attic in her house and needs some help. I said i would help and that I'd see if you could help out as well." I nod my head and look in Chris direction.

"You go. We'll be fine here." Chris said with a smile. I nodded and walked out with Emma.

"You like her don't you?" Emma asked as he got into her car and drove to mum's house. The question had caught me offguard. 

"Like who?"

"You know exactly who i'm talking about Tom. You have feelings for Lani don't you?" I looked at her while she was driving and then back to the road ahead.

"I may have a slight attraction to her. Nothing serious though."

"Mmmhmmm, that's what they all say." I rolled my eyes. "Don't roll your eyes at me Thomas." The rest of the trip was in silence and I was hoping that Emma had forgotten all about this conversation by the time we walked upto mum's front door.

"Tom's found himself a girl!" Emma blurted out as mum opened the door.

"Emma!" I hissed as mum jumped from the sudden shout, obviously not expecting that as soon as she opened the door. 

"What?" Emma asked trying to act all innocent. I rolled my eyes again and then turned my attention towards mum.

"Emma said you needed help moving stuff from the attic. She came and saw me this morning about it."

"Lovely." Mum said with a smile. "Well you two know how to get up there, I would do it but I have some other things to finish and I don't have time to go up and do everything up there. If you find things that you wish to keep, keep them. I don't have any use for them anymore." Emma and I both smiled and then went to work cleaning out the attic.

"Do you remember this?" Emma asked. She was holding up a little cowboy hat. 

"I do. I wore it one year for Halloween when i dressed up as a cowboy. I didn't know mum still had this." She put it back in a box and we continued to clean up and re-arrange. 

We managed to get everything sorted out in about 2 hours. We both had a box of things that we wanted to keep and we went back down and said goodbye to mum before heading back to my place.

"Thanks for helping my Tom." Emma said as she pulled upto my house.

"No problem. Anytime." We gave each other a hug before I got out and waved goodbye as she drove off.

I walked upto my front door and opened it to be greeted by a mouth-watering aroma. I walked in and put the box of things down and walked to the kitchen to see Chris and Lani cooking lunch. I watched them while leaning on the doorframe. After a few minutes they started throwing food at each other and i smiled. 

Is Emma right? Do i have feelings for Lani? I continued to watch them and quietly left them to finish, a smile still on my face as i walked and took my box of things to my room. She is right. I have fallen for her. I have fallen in love with Lani.