24 - Monty's Mistake

Lani's P.O.V.

I woke up to the sun coming in through my window. I smile and just lay in bed for a bit. Tom and I had talked last night after everyone else went to bed. We talked about what really happened and just random tidbits. We had resorted to just being friends for the time being as I was now in a relationship with Monty again. Why I am after what he did is beyond me.

"Morning sunshine!" My mum pokes her head into my room and I smile at her cheery attitude.

"Morning mum." I swing my legs over the edge of the bed and sit up, stretching out my legs and arms with varied cracks in my shoulders and lower back. "What's up?"

"Monty's downstairs." I thought he had to work today.

"I'll be right down." She smiles at me and then closes my bedroom door. I grab a pair of bootleg jeans, a black shirt and clean underwear before walking into my ensuite and having a shower. Once I'm out and dressed, i put my hair into a high ponytail and then walk downstairs. "Morning Monty." I walk over to him and give him a hug before moving into the kitchen to make myself some breakfast.

"Morning Chick. I can only come by for a few minutes this morning. I have to get going to work soon. I promised Brendon yesterday that I would be in today."

"Yeah, I wondered what you were doing here." He smiles at me and walks up behind me, wrapping his arms around my waist. "When do you have to be at work?"

"In about 40 minutes. You'll come and visit me today right?"

"Of course." I giggle when he kisses the top of my head. "Want something to eat before you go?" I hand him a slice of silverside that I cut and he takes it without question and eats it. "You weirdo."

"But you love me." He turns me around and kisses me softly, his lips having the taste of silverside of them making me giggle against his lips. 

"I do. Although at the moment, I think i might like the fact that your lips taste like silverside." I look up at him and he pouts.

"I feel offended..... But my lips are part of me so I guess it isn't that bad."

"Oh well. You better get going if your going to get to work on time Monty. I'll catch ya later." I give him a quick kiss and then turn to finish making my breakfast.

"I'll see ya at the cafe later today Lani."

"You bet!" I wave to him and giggle shaking my head slightly when I hear the front door shut. "Weirdo"

"I sure hope that wasn't aimed at me." I look up to see Tom walking in from the backyard.

"Oh no. Not you. Monty. He is as weird as they get. How's the back garden lookin'?"

"Better. Even if my hands are sore, it was worth it. You dad tells me he wants to put a swing bench in."

"Yeah he's been talking about that for ages. Much like that Chevy shell in the garage. He tinkers around when he can. Most of the stuff gets started but not completed."

"He has a Chevy shell?"

"Yeah. It's in the garage. I'll show you, come on." I move away from the bench and walk towards the garage with Tom behind me. I open the door and walk in turning the light switch on. Sitting in the centre is the shell, painted a light red color and a new windshield put in. "It's a working progress but it keeps dad busy."

"Wow. That's impressive even if it is just a shell."

"Yeah we are all hanging in for the day that he actually finished fixing it up." I turn the light off before we walk back into the kitchen. "So then what are your plans for today?"