41 - Together Again

Lani's P.O.V.

------- 2 MONTHS LATER -------

"You bitch!" Monty yells at me and grabs my wrist stopping me from following Brendon out after coming back to the cafe in a drunken stupor one night.

"Monty, let go. Your hurting me!" I cry as his grip tightens instead of loosening. I turn and look at him trying to silently plead with him to let me go. Sadly, he mad and drunk, not a good combination.

"What were you doing with him?" He hised through gritted teeth, making me try to shrink back from him, only to be pulled back with my back against his chest and his free arm wrapping around my neck. I whimper when he pulls my wrist back creating a blinding white hot pain that shot right up my arm.

"We w-were only talking.... p-please." I don't try to stop the tears that fall down my cheeks but i bite my lower lip to try and stop the shoots of pain that are constantly blinding my judgement and spotting my vision."M-Monty, please. N-Nothing is g-going on between me and him."

I'm suddenly flung forwards and hit the benchtop and the stools that line it. I get up shakily and hold onto the bench for support while refusing to look up at Monty. "You tell anyone that I hurt you and i will hurt you worse than what I just did. Understand?"

I was glued to the spot and just nodded my head weakly, catching sight of my wrist which looked like it was already bruising. I heard a growl and before I could say anything I felt a sharp slap to my cheek. "I said do you understand?!"

"Y-Yes." I state quietly, my cheek now pulsating from the impact of his hand.

"Now get out." I slowly lift my head at him and he points to the door. "I said get out!" I slowly let go of the bench and limp over to the door. He watches every move I make as I exit the cafe and hobble down the street where my car is parked.

"Lani. Lani... wake up."

"Lani." I sit up quickly and hit my head on something solid making both me and whoever I had hit groan. I rub my forehead and look up to see Tom doing the exact same thing. "Are you alright? I heard you crying."

"Your back.... When did you get back?" I try not to answer his question and look at him, slowly reaching out my hand to touch him to make sure I am in fact seeing the real the real deal.

"It is really me. I got back a few hours ago, your mum told me you were sleeping so I just let you." He grabs my hand with his and entwines his fingers with mine. I look at him and i can see my vision starting to blur as I recall what i had dreamt about.

Tom sits down beside me and wraps me up in a hug. "Shh, it's alright. It's over." I return the hug and cry into his chest. It had seemed so real. Then again, I gues it was because it was like my brain had switched to instant replay mode from the that first night of many.

"Tom?"

"Mmm?"

"You won't ever hurt me will you?" I feel him stiffen in my grasp and suddenly wonder if I said something wrong. I slowly lift my head and pull away a little to see his shocked look

"Now where did you get the idea that I would hurt you? Lani, you mean everything to me. I wouldn't do anything to hurt you, if i did? Then I would spend the rest of my life trying to make it upto you."

"I'm sorry. It's just.... I had a n-nightmare.... about that n-night..... It scared me and I don't want a repeat of it, especially now...." I subconsciously started to rub my swollen midrif which was much larger than before now making it look like I had swallowed a beach ball.