14 - Tragedy

Chris's P.O.V.

"Tom. What happened to Lani?" I was getting both annoyed and worried. Tom had just rung me on Lani's phone. Normally she wouldn't let anyone use her phone to call someone.

"She's unconscious. She hit her head on the steering wheel." Tom sounded in pain. I had a mental image flash of Lani hunched over the wheel of the car. 

"Alright, which road are you on?"

"High Street." I thought is over. They crashed one street over from Sammy's house. They almost made it.

"Alright, we'll be over there as soon as we can. Who else did you call?"

"Who else do you think i called? I called the ambulance. I don't know when they will get here."

"Alright well when they come, get them to ring me. We'll end up meeting you at the hospital they take you to."

"Alright." There was a slight pause "I can hear them now. I can just give them Lani's phone if you want."

"Perfect." There was an increasingly loud siren in the background and i heard Tom talking to the paramedics. 

"Hello?" The voice that talked to me on the other end wasn't Tom.

"Hi, I'm the brother to the woman your taking. Which hospital are you taking her to?"

"We will be taking her to Royal Melbourne Hospital, she's in pretty bad shape."

"Ok, thank you." With that they hung up and so did I. I then turned around to see Liam, Luke, mum and dad staring at me. Yep I was still at home with them when Tom rang. "That.... that was Tom. They were in an accident. Lani hit her head on the steering wheel, knocked herself out." I heard a gasp escape mums lips as she covered her mouth and shook her head trying so hard not to burst into tears.

"Where are they taking her?" Luke asked.

"To the Royal. They said she was in pretty bad shape." At this mum just broke completely, leaning against dad's shoulder and crying. "Dad, i'll take Liam and Luke with me to the Hospital. We'll call when we hear anything." He just nods his head and walks mum out to the lounge room to try and calm her down.

"Alright you two. Lets go." I grab my car keys and walk out to my car getting into the drivers seat, Luke sitting in the passanger front side and Liam sitting in the back. Please Lani. Hang in there.

------- 20 MINUTES LATER -------

 We arrived at the hospital not long later. We walked in and i walked to the receptionist. "Hi, a fairly tall man and shorter woman were bought in probably not too long ago. Do you know where i can find them?" 

The woman sitting at the desk looked at me and raised an eyebrow. "What is your relation to them?"

"The woman is my younger sister." She looks on the computer. Her phone rings making me jump slightly. I don't listen to the conversation as I just want to get to Lani.

"Sir?" I turn my head back to her. "The woman is in the operating room but the man is in room 92."

"Thank you so much." I call out to Liam and Luke and we rush to the room. I knock on the door waiting to see if i get a response.

"Come in." I hear from the other side. I open the door and walk in, with Luke and Liam following behind me. Tom looks up and smiles a little. His ankle in a cast and a bandage wrapped around his chest. "Its not that bad Chris. I'm not the one you need to worry about." I could hear the worry and hurt in his voice.