42 - Flesh Wounds

Tom's P.O.V.

------- 2 WEEKS LATER -------

The past 2 weeks could have been better. Lani had begun to walk around like a walking time bomb. Even the smallest of things set her off. I had been trying to organize a day out for me and her because no doubt being cooped up in the house is driving her insane.

"Love?"

"What?" She snapped at me. I walked over to the side of the bed where she was laying down and looking at the ceiling. She moved only her eyes and locked gazes with me.

"I'm going to take you out."

"But I don't want to."

"But you need to get out of the house. You have been cooped up in the house for a while and I can tell your starting to stress out."

"I'm not stressing out.... Believe me when I tell you, you would know when I was stressing out." I noticed that her breathing had picked up.

"Lani. You are stressed. Let me take you out and get some fresh air."

"Fine." She sighs and then swings her feet over the edge of the bed and stands, I stand and wait for her to get to my side before offering her my arm for support. "I'm not disabled Hiddleston." I roll my eyes so she can't see and drop my arm.

"I'm just trying to help, Love. You know that."

"Yeah, yeah. Whatever." She walks out of the room and i shake my head before following her down the stairs and into the lounge room where everybody is gathering around.

"Lani and I are going to go out for the day." I say softly to Craig and Leonie. They smile and nod, Lani rolls her eyes and makes her way out the front door and to one of the cars in the driveway.

"Try and keep her occupied for at least a few hours. We should have everything ready by the time you get back." Leonie says. I nod my head and then grab a set of car keys and walk out to see Lani pacing.

"Lani?" She stops pacing and looks at me. "Are you okay?"

"Peachy." I can tell that the smile she put on is forced and it quickly disappears.

"Come on then. Lets go."

Lani's P.O.V.

After a bit of a struggle, I managed to get into the car - which isn't easy to do when you have a swollen midrif - and Tom started driving. I stayed silent and looked out my window the entire drive.

I heard what sounded like a sigh come from Tom and I turned my head to look at him. "Where are we going?"

"You'll see. You'll like it. I promise." I roll my eyes again and then look around the car and I mentally point out all the imperfections in the car. By the time he stopped the car, I had found: 2 chips on my side of the windshield and another 3 on Tom's side, a patch of tinting had come off my window, the window didn't work - after trying about 300 times - and neither did the CD player - after eating one of my favorite CD's which I was not happy about and pouted with my arms crossed. The dashboard didn't light up properly, the stereo control was missing a button and driver side was missing a visor.

I was incredibly happy to be out of the car. It seemed like an evil contraption. It one of my favorite CD's for pete's sake! I was not a happy camper and I felt like kicking the car - which i probably would have done if Tom hadn't wrapped an arm around my shoulder and steered me away from the rotting hunk of metal.

We got to a place, I didn't bother reading the sign but there was an amazing smell coming from inside so I guessed it was a bakery of sorts. "Wait here and I'll be right back." I nod and he kisses my head, making me smile before heading inside the building.