9 - Surprise!

Tom's P.O.V.

"She's what!?"

"She has to stay in Australia for a week. It was unavoidable. I'm sorry." Chris explained. I started pacing the room. Here i thought she would be back in no time but she was going to be gone for an entire week!

"It's not your fault. I'm sorry. I overreacted." I calmed myself down a bit and slowly stopped pacing.

"That being said, i think you should fly over and surprise her." I looked at Chris to see if he was serious or not. I guess he has a point. I could go and surprise her..... And i don't have any productions i'm working on currently so i have the time....

"Alright. I guess that will have to do. The last question being do i trust you two to keep my house standing and in one piece while i'm away...." I give him a mock glare and he feigns hurt.

"I would never destroy such a lovely house, Tom my boy." I laugh. 

"Alright.... I think i trust you." I start walking out of the lounge room and towards my room when Chris stops me and hands me a slip of paper.

"Here. Its Lani's phone number." I raised an eyebrow at him. I wasn't quite sure why he was giving it to me but i took it anyway and gave him a friendly smile before heading to my room and packing a suitcase.

After I have finished packing, i find out that Chris had booked a flight for me. At least that is one less thing that I have to worry about. I thanked him and Elsa again before hurrying out and driving to the airport so i could catch my flight.

------- 21 HOURS LATER -------

Well my flight has landed and i'm currently standing in Melbourne airport, trying my hardest to not be recognised. I turn my phone on after having to turn it off during the flight and i have 2 missed calls and a text. 

I roll my eyes when i see that the calls were from Luke and leave them. He will call again if its important. I look at the text and it is from Chris.

Chris: Let us know when you've arrived.

I smile a little and reply.

Me: I'm here. I'll call later.

I put my hand in one of the pockets of my pants and i feel the slip of paper. I cautiously pull it out and try to decide whether i should. You should! Let her know you have come to see her. I furrowed my brow as i continued to think. No, let it be a full surprise. Plus she will be at work now anyway. I shook my head and decided i would. 

Me: Hey Lani.

Lani: Who is this?

Me: my name starts with T and ends in Om ;)

Lani: TOM!?

Me: Surprise! :D

Lani: How did you get my number?

Me: Chris gave it to me.

Lani: Well that explains it.

Me: Quick question

Lani: Shoot

Me: Where do you work? 

Lani: At a primary school....

Me: oh ha ha...

Lani: :D I work at Brunswick East Primary School. 

Me: Nice.

Lani: Why?

Me: No reason, just curious.

Lani: Sure. Gotta go. Class is starting again. Love ya x

Me: Love you too xx

With that i looked away from my phone screen and headed out of the airport. I found a hotel to stay at which was a very lovely looking place. 

Once settled into the room, i sat on the couch and thought some things through. I could go there and surprise her now.... But she might not appreciate it.... I'm sure she will though. After several minutes thinking i decide that i'm going to go and surprise her.

I call a cab and ask them to take me to Brunswick East Primary School. 

I'm there after about a 10-15 minute drive and i pay the driver before heading out of the car. I walk into the yard and smile as I look around. I've put some sunglasses on as it is quite sunny today. I walk to the front office and i look around for someone.

"Can i help you?" I turn at a voice and notice a fairly tall woman with extremely light blonde hair which is tied back. 

"Um, yes. I was hoping you could tell me where I might be able to find a Miss Lani Hemsworth." 

"She is teaching a class. I can get her to call you back if you want."

"Um, its kinda important." It wasn't a complete lie. The woman doesn't show any sign of giving in though. 

"If it is oh so important then you can wait another 30 minutes before the last bell goes and school finishes for the day." I groan mentally. 

"Please then can you send someone to tell her that her boyfriend is here to see her." At this she raises a brow at me, it is only then do i realize I'm still wearing my sunglasses. I grab the glasses and move them so they are sitting on my head. Her jaw drops. Guess she no doubt just figured out who i am

"Um..... Just give me a minute." She walks into the office and I pull my phone out and i have a new text from Lani.

Lani: School can sometimes seriously be a drag.

Me: I know, especially when your stuck in an office.

Lani: haha well, i don't think i can survive a week to see you again.

I smile at the text. She has no idea.

Me: Time will fly.

I shut my phone as the blonde haired woman comes back out. "She is in the last door on your right heading to your right." I smiled a thank you to her and walked down. I get to the door and I can just see inside. I smile watching her with the kids. They are playing games, ones i can't quite seem to recognize. 

I hesitate for a moment before bringing my hand upto the door and knock on it.

"Tim can you open the door for me please?'' Lani's voice sounds from the other side of the door.

"Yes, Miss." Not a few minutes later a boy opened the door and had to look up to see my face. I smile at him and then crouch down to his height.

"Am I able to come in and talk with your teacher?" The boy seems shocked at first. He puts a hand out in front of him and touches my nose. He quickly withdraws it when he feels it and he smiles. That when i notice he is missing his two front teeth.

"Tim? Who's-" She walks up behind him and stops short when she sees me. "Tom?"

A/N: Another chapter done and dusted. Tell me what you think. I don't know how i did with this chapter. Thanks so much for the reads, votes and comments. You guys rock! :)

~Z