35 - Back Home

Lani's P.O.V.

------- 3 MONTHS LATER -------

I decided that when I woke up this morning, that i was becoming increasingly lazy as the days went by. I was no longer in Toronto as we - Tom and I - agreed that it would be best if i was back at home with my family. As much as i put up a fight to stay, I eventually agreed to catch the next flight back home to Melbourne.

"You up yet Lani?" I heard my mum's voice from behind the door.

"Yeah. Come on in mum." The door gave out a quiet creak as she opened it and she walked in and sat beside me as I lay like a sack of potatoes in my bed. Because I had been too warm last night, i was currently laying on top of all my blankets with a tank top on and a pair of shorts. I looked at my stomach which was only just starting to show. My 'Baby Bump' as my mum delighted to call it. 

"Are you feeling alright?" You mean, apart from the severe morning sickness, cravings for foods i can't stomach and emotional distress? Yeah I'm bloody FANTASTIC! I didn't say that out loud because i knew i would upset her, so i simply nodded, my full attention being diverted to my slightly swollen midsection.

"I feel fat." I stated simply. I swear i heard a giggle escape her lips and i now looked at her with a glare.

"Welcome to the joys of being pregnant Lani." I rolled my eyes. I hate her. So, so, so much. I wasn't sure if that was indeed true, i'm guessing that my out of whack emotions had a MASSIVE part to play in what i thought a lot these days. All the stuff that i thought was stuff i would never say to them. I mean, i love my family, my mum most of all, I'm just having trouble telling my emotions that that is true.

"How did you do it?" I ask

"Do what sweetie?"

"How did you survive being pregnant?"

"I'm not sure I understand." Of course not. Damn what is with all this negitivity? I mentally slap myself before replying.

"The cravings, the morning sickness. Mum the list goes on and on. How on earth did you survive all that? I can't stomach anything i crave, I'm constantly finding myself in the bathroom, emptying my alright empty stomach. I may as well move into the bathroom!" I was getting fed up with myself. I don't know if every woman is the same when she is pregnant, but I'm guessing that it is true to some degree.

"That is normal. All those things will go away once you've had the baby. I promise." I give her a small smile and then go back to giving my midsection my undivided attention. "I'll make you something to eat and bring it up alright?" I nod half-heartedly. I know she is smiling, she is always smiling. I turn and look at her and smile back before she walks out, leaving the door open a little.

I got bored of laying around so i decided to get up and walk around a bit. I had gone and seen my doctor here in Melbourne a few times since coming back. She was nice and we got along which i guess is the main thing. She had explained that i was due around March next year. 

I was pacing my room before i got bored with that and then made my way downstairs, still dressed in shorts and a tank top. I thud down the stairs, not exactly sure why, i made a small giggle when i reached the bottom. I look at Luke and Liam who obviously watched the entire thing, they looked passive but i knew they were holding in their laughs. 

I give them a small wave before walking into the kitchen where mum was. "I really shouldn't have got out of bed." I grumbled. 

"And why is that?" I pulled out one of the bench stools and sat on it.

"Dunno. It just seems like it isn't worth if he isn't around." I avoid using Tom's name whenever he isn't around. I found that if i said his name while he wasn't around, i burst into tears. Another perk of having out of whack emotions.