44 - Lazy Day

Lani's P.O.V.

------- 1 WEEK LATER -------

It has been a week since the Monty incident and I have not left the house. Tom left a few times but he is never out too long and he always told me where he was going so i didn't worry too much about him. That being said, I am forever trying to find a way to get Tom to say something that would upset me.

I know what you're thinking. Why would i want to do that? BECAUSE HE IS TOO DAMN PERFECT!!! Not that I'm complaining, but at least once i would like him to say something to set me off just so that i can yell at him.... And feel like I'm in a normal relationship... Well as normal as it can be being in one with an actor. Of course when i go to do so, he seems to have the right answer all the time so i sit there a bit frazzled as too how i got such a perfect guy.

"Hey Tom...." I trail off as I walk into the kitchen. He looks at me and smiles, making my heart do flips.

"Yeah?"

"Do I look fat?" I was at it again. I could see him have several emotions cross his face but he held his tongue for the moment.

"I think that you are f-"

"Don't say it! I've heard enough." I interrupt him. I knew he wasn't going to call me fat, he never does.

"I didn't say anything."

"You were were going to say that i was fat." I state blankly.

"Pardon?"

"You heard me."

"I'm afraid your mistaken. I never said anything nor was i going to say anything like that."

"Liar! You were going to call me fat!" I could see my vision starting to blur as the waterworks were building up and just waiting for the right moment to spill over. Damn pregnancy emotions....

"Lani. I never said anything about that."

"Why do you have to be so damn perfect?" I lost it right there and the tears spilled over, creating trails down my cheeks. I made out a blurred form of Tom making his way towards me and he embraced me in a hug as I cried into his chest.

"I'm far from perfect Lani."

"You are perfect. No matter how hard I try to get you to slip up, you always say exactly what I want and need to hear....." My voice sounded a bit squeaky and broken but I couldn't care at the current moment in time.

"You were trying to make me slip up?" His tone held amusement and disbelief. I simply nod into his chest, feeling a bit stupid and ashamed. "Now why would you want to do that?"

I pull back and look up at him. "I just wanted to.... I don't know.... You never seem to make any mistakes and it was driving nuts. You never say the wrong thing, and i just once wanted to be able to yell at you, just to make you seem like you weren't the perfect man that i see you as." I look down at the floor and I hear him chuckle.

"Did you get it out of your system from before?" I nod. "Are you going to let me finish my sentence?" I nod again. "I was going to say that I think that you are far more beautiful than anything I have ever seen. You are perfect to me and that's all you ever will be." He places his hands under my chin and gently lifts my head so that I'm looking at him again, his eyes boring straight into mine.

"I-I-I.... Tom I.... I'm sorry. I was stu-" I was cut off when his lips gently clashed with mine and swallowing any of the insults I was thinking of calling myself.

"You were and are not stupid. You felt the need to try. I don't blame you for that. But I will always try to say the right thing to you. I don't want to end up fighting every time we open our mouths. That is no relationship that anyone would want to be a part of."