25 - High School Memoirs

Lani's P.O.V.

When i woke from my little nap, I asked Tom to drive me to a park that I used to go to unwind from things before we went home to which he agreed. It wasn't a crowded place but it was a great place to go to relax. I was walking around the lake with Tom. Not really in the mood for talking but just enjoying the serenity of the park. Although a voice which sounded not too far away caught my attention.

"Lani?" I turn to the voice and my jaw drops. There standing in front of me was my best friend Sarah Bouma. Her face seemed to light up when I turned and seemed to regonize her. She walks upto me and just looks at me for a moment. "Is that really you?" I smiled and she then embraced me in a hug.

"Sarah? Oh my god! It's great to see you again!" I say excitedly as I hug her back. Sarah and I had first met in Yr 7 when we both started at Melborne Girl's College. She was relatively new to Australia after moving from New Zealand. A few inches taller than me, standing at 5 foot 9. Brown hair that was complemented with blonde highlights and falling in curls just past her shoulder, hazel eyes, tanned skin - probably from spending too much time in the sun - and was wearing your standard cowboy style of clothing showing off her tomboy prowess. 

"My gosh girl. You haven't changed a bit. What have you been upto?" I could hear the slight American accent of hers as she spoke and i smiled at her.

"Not a lot. What have you been upto? I haven't seen you since we graduated."

"Well I got married. Wrote my first book and I do bits of modelling every now and then." She explained.

"Wait you got married and didn't invite me? What has the world come to? Who's the lucky guy?" As I was talking Tom walked up behind me and I noticed that a man was walking up behind Sarah. He wrapped his hands around her waist and kissed the top of her head. I swear I've seen his face somewhere.

"I did." She turns to the man who was hugging her from behind. "Stephen this is Lani. You remember? The one i told you about?"

"Of course! It's great to finally meet you. She talks about you all the time." Stephen says. I'm still looking at him and trying to figure out where I have seen him before.

"You look really familiar.... What's your last name?" I know it sounds like an odd question to ask someone but sometimes it helps to trigger a memory.... ya know?

"Oh where are my manners. I'm Stephen. Stephen Amell." My jaw dropped. She got married.... to Stephen Amell!? Where was I when all this was happening? I then covered it up and smiled. 

"It's nice to meet you. I'm Laylani Hemsworth but everyone calls me Lani and this is-"

"Wait, don't tell me." Sarah interrupts. "Your that British actor..... The one who plays Loki in the Thor movies."

"Yeah Sarah this is-" 

"Uh! Don't tell me, I know his name." She interrupted again. "Tom. Tom something.... Something starting with H. Tom..... Tom Hiddleston! That's the one!" I face palm right there and then at her.

"Now that we have that established, how's things going for you guys?"

"Oh great! We are expecting in the next 6 months."

"Get out! Really?" I smile and she nods. "Wow. That's great news! Congrats!"

Tom was looking at us slightly confused. "How did you know who I was?"

"Who doesn't know you? I mean granted that some people might not but when you have a Hiddlestoner as a best friend you quickly learn the who, what, when, where and such." My eyes go wide as Sarah speaks.

"You?" Tom asks me. 

"Yeah..... Kinda awkward now when I think about it but really i was just a fan of your works."

"Fan of yours works my arse. She had that many posters of you that her entire wall was covered. And this was only a few years ago."

"How would you know. You haven't seen my room."

"Lani. You sent me pictures of it..... Remember?"

"Right.... Oops." Tom chuckles. Well I'm glad that someone is getting a kick out of this. I roll my eyes again.

"So have you found a guy yet Lani?"

"I did and then I lost him. I'm not sure whether I want to be with another at this current moment in time."

"Let me guess. Monty?"

"Yeah. Always the charmer he is."

"mmhmm. I'll have to come by and say hi to everyone else at some stage before we head back home."

"Where do you call home these days?"

"Paris."

"You have got to be kidding!"

"Nope. I'm dead serious. We are in Australia for another 3 weeks before we head back."

"Looks like you got your dream home then." I smile. "Why don't you come over to my place tonight for dinner? I'm sure my parents won't mind."

"Sure. Thanks. We better get going. We have to be somewhere in about half an hour. But we will be there at around 6ish?"

"6ish it is."

"Still the same place?"

'Yep hasn't moved." I smile and she smiles back at me.

"Guess we'll see you guys later today then. Bye Lani. Bye Tom."

"Bye Sarah. See ya later!" I wave goodbye as they walk off and then Tom and I continue on our walk around the lake.

"So your a Hiddlestoner as well...." 

"Oh come on! Your never going to let that go are you?"

"Nope." He says as he pops the 'p'. I shake my head.

"Your terrible."

"Am I? I thought I was devilishly handsome and totally kissable." He wiggles his eyebrows at me and i giggle. I had told him that just before we were released from hospital after our accident.

"You are those things too. But your also terrible."

"I choose not to take offense to that. I love you too much for that." His words hit me and i stopped dead in my tracks.

"What?" He had taken a few more steps before stopping and turning to face me.

"I mean what I say Lani. I love you and I have since i first met you. I know the last thing that you want to be in is a relationship right now but give me a chance to prove that not all guys are the same. Please." I look at him and I'm not quite sure what to say.

"Ok Tom. I'll give you another chance. But if you screw this up as well, I'm not going back to you ever." I state in a matter-of-fact type of tone.

"Cross my heart. I would never do anything to hurt you Lani. You know the truth about what happened between me and Jade and you know that you can trust me."

I smile at him and walk upto him before grabbing his shirt collar and pulling him down to lock his lips with mine. Now this i really have missed. I smile against his lips as he kisses me back and I melt into his embrace as he wraps his arms around my waist pulling my closer to him.

"I think it's time to head back home. Gotta let my mum know we are going to have guests for dinner." He smiles at me and holds out his arm and I link my arm with his as we walk back to the car. I can't believe it is happening again. I am once again in a relationship with the one and only Tom Hiddleston. How lucky am I?

A/N: Hey Guys! Another chapter :) So we meet one of Lani's high school friends and Tom and her end up back together! Told you they would. Hope you guys enjoy this chapter and tell me what you think :) Also I did change Lani's age so she isn't 23 anymore, I changed it so that she is 29.

~Z