22 - Trying To Fix.....

Tom's P.O.V.

 When Leonie called us to come downstairs because Lani was home, I couldn't believe it. I was a bit hesitant and had a bit of an argument with Chris before going downstairs. I didn't go all the way down and stopped on the bottom step. "Hi Lani."

"T-Tom?" I gave her a sad smile as she turned to face Chris. "What is he going here?"

"He is here to explain."

"Explain what? the fact that he cheated on me!? I don't have anything to say to either of you."

"Lani, I didn't-" I started.

"Shut up!" She interrupted. "I don't care anymore Tom. You betrayed my trust and that is something you are going to have to work hard to gain back."

"Lani! Just listen to him!" Chris yells.

"Why? So that he can lie to me all over again?" By this time i noticed that Monty had walked behind her and wrapped his arms around her waist. "I meant what I said when I said it was over between us." Her words hurt me.

"Lani. Listen."

"No! First you send me a text saying it is over only then to ring me and I hear another woman in the background saying she just had the best night of her life!"

"That wasn't me! I never sent that text and I most definitely didn't sleep with anyone." She looked full of rage and I doubted that anything I was saying was going to get through to her anytime soon. 

"Well it sure as hell sounded real to me! You are gone 2 weeks. 2. Long. Weeks. I see your picture on the news with some blonde haired bimbo hanging off your arm which is probably-"

"Jade." I say cutting her off.

"I'm sorry, what?"

"Her name is Jade."

"Bloody fantastic! She has a name! Go to hell!" With that she storms past me and up the stairs before I hear a door slam.

"Just give her time." Chris says. I hang my head and walk the rest of the way down the stairs and plop myself down on the couch.

"I'm just gonna go." Monty says and starts slinking back towards the front door.

"No. You stay as well." Chris commanded. "Your in this as well. I'm guessing that is why you brought her home." I just lay on the couch staring at the ceiling. I had pictured this meeting to happen several ways, except the way that actually happened. I breathe out heavily and place an arm across my eyes.

"I swear I had nothing to do with any of this." Monty stated defensively. "All I know is that yesterday her and Liam came by Bronty's for lunch and we stayed and talked."

"She was with you last night wasn't she Monty?" Chris asked

"Yes. Alright? Yes. Lani was with me last night, but she came on her own accord. I didn't kidnap her if that's what you think."

"I don't think you kidnapped her. She is old enough to make her own decisions but i do worry about her."

"That's understandable. You are her brother after all. But if you don't mind, I really need to get going so i can get to work. Tell Lani I said goodbye."

I listen to what they are saying but don't really pay attention. My mind kept wandering to Lani. She looked as broken as i felt and in a way it was all my fault. I felt a tap on my shoulder and moved my arm from my face to see Leonie smiling at me.

"Here. I made you a hot drink."

"Thank you." I sit up and grab it from her, holding it between my hands and it instantly warming my hands. I take small sips of it, savouring the chocolatey mint flavour to it. "This is delicious. Thank you." 

"One of my own flavour combinations. Took me a while to get it right and the poor guys were all my test subjects."

"How could we forget! The first few lots were horrid!" Chris scrunches his nose and i chuckle a little under my breath.

"I prefer your cinnamon and vanilla drink mum." Liam spoke up. I looked at the tv and the footy game was still going and both Luke and Craig looked annoyed. Occasionally they would shout at the tv but then fall into silence again.

 "You all have your preferences. I don't mind though. I know who likes what so i make sure to keep what i need supplied." She walks back into the kitchen and Liam and Chris sit beside me so i'm bewteen them.

"If I can manage to convince Lani to come downstairs and listen to you will you explain to her what you told me?" Chris asked.

"I would if she would just listen to me."

"I can try and talk to her first." Liam says. "At least let me try." Both Chris and I nod at Liam and he smiles before walking upstairs.

I sat the couch and drank my hot drink until it was all gone. About 5 minutes later i hear footsteps coming down the stairs. First it is Liam and then comes Lani.

She walks over and sits on the coffee table in front of me. "You wanted to talk to me?" Her voice almost sounded like it was robotic, like she didn't want to be here. Which in a way, i guess she didn't.

"Yeah, look about what you saw and heard. Nothing was-" My phone started to ring. Who on earth could that be? I grabbed it from my pocket and stared at the screen. Caller ID: Jade. How did she get my number!? I try to ignore it.

"Are you going to answer that?" Lani asked.

"I don't really want to." I answer truthfully. She holds out her hand and I hand to phone to her. I hope she doesn't see the Caller ID....  She didn't seem to be paying attention to that and she answered the phone.

"Hello?" She asked. Her facial expression changes as the phonecall continues. I see hatred, disappointment and sadness cross her face. "I'm sorry who are you?" There is a moment of silence. Liam, Chris and I are all watching her as she talks with Jade on the phone. "Oh really? Well guess what? You can go to hell!" She hangs up and throws the phone to me and I only just catch it. "That is really low Tom. Really low. You can go and join Jade in hell. I don't even know why I bothered coming downstairs." She gets up and so do I

"Lani, there is nothing going on between me and Jade." She turns to me just before she gets to the stairs.

"Really? Then why does she have you number and why did she greet me like you two were going out?"

"I don't know! I didn't even give her my number so I'm not sure who she got mine or why i have hers in my phone. Please you have to believe me."

"I don't know what to believe anymore Tom." She turns to Chris. "Call me when dinner is ready, i'll be in my room." She gives me a quick look and then walks upstairs. How am I going to make her believe that there is nothing going on between me and Jade? The thought was running through my head and I wasn't going to give up so easily. I will do my best to win over her heart once again.

A/N: Another chapter done :) Had a bit of trouble writing this chapter, but i have it done. In the next few chapters after this, Lani and Tom's relationship starts to get mended bit by bit. Tell me what you think :)

~Z