31 - Toronto

Tom's P.O.V.

 ------- THAT SATURDAY -------

We are on our way to the airport. Lani is coming with me to Toronto! I was over the moon with excitement when she told me. I don't know how she decided so quickly but I'm glad that she decided to come.

"Are we almost there?" Lani asks sleepily from the passenger side of the car. The one down side was our flight was very early in the morning. Poor Lani didn't want to get out of bed. So i wrapped her up in blankets and carried her out to my car and let her head lean against the window.

"Almost."

"Will I have to get out of my blankets?" She opens one of her eyes and looks at me. I chuckle.

"I'm afraid so. We don't exactly want you looking like an oversized burrito now do we?" I heard a quiet giggle before i heard the blanket ruffle around as she sat up straighter.

"I guess not. But it would be warmer at least. I don't like the cold very much." As if to make her point to wraps the blankets tighter around her. I chuckle and focus on the road.

Around 10 minutes later we are at the airport and Lani almost convinced me to let her stay in the blanket. Almost. 

"I want the blanket.... can I go back to the car to get it?"

"Lani. You don't need it. Plus we have to get through security and then find our gate." She pouted at me, but i just smiled and kissed the top of her head. "You'll be fine. If you want you can cuddle upto me all you want." She smiled at me and then proceeded before me through the security check.

We finally make it onto our flight about 15 minutes later and find out seats. Lani takes the window side, I'm guessing so that she can lean against the window and sleep a bit more. The seatbelt sign lights up and they go through the normal procedures about what to do if the plane were to crash. Then there was the all too well known feeling when the plane taxi's down the runway and lifts off. Toronto here we come.

------- 7.5 HOURS LATER --------

 We landed in Toronto and Lani had slept the entire flight with her head leaning against the window. I put my hand to her shoulder and gently shook her. She groaned and tried to push my hands away. I undid her seatbelt and picked her up. That seemed to shock her awake because he started to cling to my neck like her life depended on it. 

"You can loosen your grip a bit Lani."

"Sorry." She loosened her grip but still held on so she didn't fall. I got some weird looks from the flight attendents but they quickly focused on other things. Once we were out of the plane i put Lani down so that she could walk on her own. "So i guess we need to go and find out bags."

"That would be a wise start." She grabs my hand and entwines her fingers with mine as we walk to the baggage claim and wait for our bags.

Once we have a our bags we head to the front of the airport and rent out a car so that we can drive around. Lani took the keys off me and ran to the car. I stood there slightly stunned. 

"Did you really just take the keys off me?"

"I believe i did." She throw me a cheeky grin and walked to the drivers side and got in. I shook my head and opened the boot of the car and put our bags in before shutting it and walking to the passenger side.

I looked over to Lani and saw her hesitate for a moment. "Lani?" She looked up at me with a conflicted face. Since the accident in Melbourne, she hadn't driven a car. "Do you want me to drive?" She looked back at the steering wheel and shook her head.

"No. I'm fine. Just needed to recollect my thoughts. That's all." She let out a small laugh but even i could tell that she was scared of the same thing happening all over again.

"Lani."

"Really, I'm fine."

"No your not. Your hands are shaking." I hold out my hand and she looks at it. "Give me the keys and I'll drive." She looked at my face and hesitated for a few moments before sighing and handing me the keys.

We swapped places and she sat with her hands in her lap as we drove to the hotel that we had been booked into. 

We got to the hotel and got the keycard to get in. When we got to the room, it was nothing new to me. All the hotels i had stayed in had the best of everything really. Sometimes i wish that they wouldn't do this every single time. I look at Lani who looks a bit shellshocked. "You ok?"

"How are you not ok!? This room is massive and way to expensive.... makes me feel like i shouldn't be here."

I shrug my shoulders. "You get pretty used to it after a while. Always letting you have the best of everything. Can't complain really." I put the bags down and go into the kitchen to make some lunch while Lani walks around and looks at everything in the room.

"OH MY GOD!" I chuckle a little and then walk out with half a sandwich in my hand. I ended up walking into the bedroom where a giant double bed stood. "That is too much.... And you normally sleep by yourself in one of those?" She looks at me with a confused glance.

"Most of the time yes. Don't worry about it though. You'll get used to it."

"Thanks for the reassurance." She walks over to the bed and sits on it. She swings her feet up and lays back in a star like position. I take a bite of the half sandwich in my hand. "avocado, chicken and cheese." She lifts her head and i look at her with a raised eyebrow. I swallow the mouthful. 

"How did you know?" She sits and crosses her legs and looks at me.

"I dunno. A guess?"

"Is that a question or a statement?" I saw her blush. "Do you want a bite?" She smiles and nods her head. I walk over and give it to her to take a bite.

"Thank you" She says after swallowing her mouthful. "So when do you have to go and meet with these film people?"

"Not until tomorrow morning. We have the rest of the day to catch up from the jetlag and such." I watch her as she falls backwards and her head gets buried in the pile of pillows at the head of the bed.

"Mmmhmmm" I could tell she was dozing off again. I chuckle and walk out as i hear soft breathing. So starts a long 6 months.....

A/N: So here is the next chapter, getting even closer to finishing this story.... BUT DO NOT FEAR!! There are another 4 books planned in this series.

Book 1: Falling For Mischief (Currently Working On)

Book 2: Struck By The Arrow (Set to Start in December 2014)

Book 3: Behind The Glasses (Set to Start in July 2015)

Book 4: Stealing His Thunder (Set to Start in December 2015)

Book 5: Target Practise (Not Official Name) (Set to Start in July 2016)

Those are the 5 books in what I now call The Hollywood Gambles Series. You may be able to guess who the famous people are in each one if not, then i guess you shall find out when i start updating them :) P.S. If you do know.... Shhhh keep it as a surprise :)

I wanna thank all of you guys who read this story. You guys are amazing! I have over 2,500 reads which i'm pretty proud of :) And it wouldn't have been possible without you guys so thanks a bunch guys :) Not sure when the next chapter will be up, but I'm trying to keep up with regular updates 

~Z

Falling For Mischief - Book One in The Hollywood Gambles Series {UNDER EDITING}On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara