Chapter - 10

Notes:

Blame World Cup for the delay. ;)

Come, meet me on Tumblr :

https://www.tumblr.com/blog/compassedship69

+++

Harry twisted and turned on the air mattress. The afternoon sun was looming over the tent now, making the inside glow with orange ray. It was somehow warm inside the tent as Harry had closed the windows too.

Harry could not sleep. He pushed the blanket off his body and sighed, sitting up. The tent was getting steamy now. Harry looked at the draped window and sighed. He would have to keep it open at night.

Harry looked back at the hinged door, the curtain made a sound as it flapped because of the breeze. Harry knew, could feel, that the alpha was there, just outside.

"It was my mistake. I did not mean to kiss you, I am sorry."

The thing was... Harry hated people who could not take responsibilities. He hated those who would do something and then just never acknowledge it because they hated confrontation. Louis was just one of them. Was not he? He had kissed Harry and now he was running away. He said he was sorry.

Louis was sorry.

Was he sorry because he kissed Harry or because Harry was not up to the mark?

Harry's nostrils flared.

Was he not good?

Harry glared at the door. He would just ask Louis. Yes, he would just confront the alpha about the kiss if the alpha was not doing it himself.

Harry nodded to himself, heaving up on his feet. He walked fast towards the door and opened it. The soft and cold breeze touched his face as Harry peeked out. His eyes automatically found the alpha at some distance.

Louis was binding the hammock to a tree. His hands moved with skill as he tied the rope on a tree. His tank-top was plastered on his back with sweat dripping down his neck and shoulder-blades. Louis was working with deep concentration. His eyes were set on the knot he was doing on the rope. The alpha let out a ragged breath, closing his eyes as he tied one knot securely.

"Getting all sweaty, I see."

Harry flinched just like Louis. They both turned to face the source of the voice respectively.

Mason smirked from the doorstep of his tent. Those eyes were stuck on Louis' sweaty figure.

Louis shrugged as he gestured towards the hammock.

"I am almost out of practice. Can't believe that I forgot how to tie these knots."

Mason nodded, walking forward leisurely.

"I see. I hope you remember how to knot other things," he stepped in front of Louis and leaned closer, "or may I say, other people?"

Harry felt his fingers curling tightly on the door as he watched their interaction.

Louis chuckled, wiping his forehead with the hem of his tank-top. Harry noticed how Mason's eyes swooped down to look at the pudgy tummy under the alpha's top.

"Well, why do you think that I might forget that?" Louis asked, smirking.

Harry frowned. Wow! Louis was not offended.

Mason shrugged, gesturing towards the alpha in general, "You know, your omega hates you and all..." he stopped with a hint of something in his voice.