[1] Pop 101

☝️I'll be putting songs up here that I think fit with the chapter and/or are played somewhere in the chapter

Song: Pop 101 by Marinas Trench

Y/n's POV

"Are you ready yet, Amora?" I groaned, standing by the door exiting our dorm room.

"Almost!" She giggled back, adding more mascara.

Glancing down at my phone, I checked the time. "We need to meet Isaiah at Lucas' place in ten minutes."

Amora has always been like this. Waiting until the last few minutes to start putting her makeup on, which leads us to being late. She looked fine as she was, I don't understand why she says she needs it. Her naturally straight, ombré hair, starting blonde at the roots and turning into a light brown that matched her skin, ended close to her waist. Her big, brown eyes clear of glass covering them and the hispanic accent were the main thing that pulled everyone toward her. Guys loved her.

Finally, she stood up and shoved her phone in her back pocket, her long nails tapping against her case. In skin tight jeans and black short sleeve shirt, she grabbed my arm, turned out the lights, and leads me outside the dorms.

"We have to be there in five minutes." I state, walking by her side on the sidewalk.

"They'll have to deal with us being late then." She shrugged. "It's not like no one shows up late to these things."

I nod in agreement. Our friend, Lucas, was throwing a party in a house that used to be his parents before they moved out and gave it to him. I've never been to a college party, but I'm certainly not expecting what I see in movies. The blasting music, colored lights, so many people in one room you can barely make it across it. I'm hoping thats not what it's really like. I'd rather spare myself the embarrassment bound to happen.

I didn't know what to expect. Amora describes them as the funnest place on earth, while Lucas explains it as bland, but fun if you get drunk enough. Once they found out I've never been to one, they were determined to take me to one. I've been caught up with work and school I haven't had much time to do much. Hell, I barely knew my way around LA.

Being from (hometown) and moving to LA for college wasn't as easy as everyone makes it out to be. I got lost multiple times just trying to find the campus. Trying to fit so much into so little was probably the hardest part. I didn't want to have to pull around five suitcases until I found my dorm room. Somehow, I eventually managed to shove most of my belongings into a large book bag and a couple of traveling bags.

It wasn't but a fifteen minute walk full of pointless conversation and the clicking of Amora's heels against the sidewalk before we arrived at Lucas' house. The lights shining through the thin curtains weren't bright, but dim. The silhouettes of the people creating them were holding bottles and cups while laughing together or dancing drunkly. Music could be heard from the back yard where people were chanting "Chug! Chug! Chug!" And ping pong balls slapped against tables.

Isaiah stood in the front, looking around anxiously. Once his eyes landed on us in darkness, his eyes stopped roaming and a smile formed on his lips. "Finally! It took you long enough!" He groaned.

"Yes, I apologize for wanting to look decent." Amora said, her voice laced in sarcasm.

Isaiah raised an eyebrow. "You couldn't start getting ready earlier?"