[13] Tell Me Why I'm Waiting

Song: Tell Me Why I'm Waiting by Timmies

In marching band, we were practicing drill(where we are on the field when we play) and my vision started to fuck up and get so bright to the point where I could barley see. I felt like I was going to throw up, my head hurt, I was losing balance, and my hearing was weird. It was like I was listening to everything from under water.

They ended up letting me sit out of a bit, but I still have no idea what happened. Some said I was close to a heat stroke, others said I didn't have enough protein, and a few said I didn't have enough water.

Y/n POV

As soon as we got back to Seth's place, Mark angrily tossed the keys onto the glass coffee table in the living room, startling some of the guys. Mark ran a hand through his dark hair, his face just as frustrated as when we left the store in a hurry. I stood next to him, my hands in my hoodie pocket, mindlessly fiddling with the box no one had a clue about.

"We barely made it out of that damn place!" Mark shouted angrily. "Some lady was chasing us while on the phone with 911 and yelling at people to stop us!"

"I told you this would happen, Mark!" Seán yelled, looking both mad and concerned. "Why can't you listen to me?"

"That's never happened before, what was I supposed to think was going to happen?" Mark yelled.

"Logic, Mark!" Seán shouted back. "They're looking for you! You're on the news in other states for fucks sake! People will know who you are! And now that someone reported they saw you, they know what area you're in!"

"Will we have to leave again?" Ethan asked.

Mark sighed, folding his arms. "I don't think you guys will have to."

I raised an eyebrow at this. Before I could ask any questions, Mark continued.

"You guys shouldn't get wrapped up into our mess. No one knows you're apart of this, they only think it's Y/n and me."

Tyler looked slightly upset by this. "So you guys are leaving?"

"We have to." Mark shrugged. "We shouldn't drag you around all the time because of what we did, when you could be living normal lives."

"We?" I questioned, raising an eyebrow. "I'm not the one who pulled the trigger on that man. This is all you."

"I had no other choice!" Mark shouted.

"You did!" I cried. "There was absolutely no reason to pull a gun on that guy!"

Mark clenched his jaw tightly. "You're just some oblivious girl who witnessed a murder and came along with seven guys who ran away from it. So instead of running that pretty little mouth, I'd suggest you shut it." He spoke threateningly. I held my stance instead of cowering away from him, keeping eye contact.

"Both of you calm down." Felix interjected, sending us both stern glares.

Seán spoke up again, but calmer than before. "If you guys are leaving, I'd suggest you do it soon."

"How can we be sure they won't kill each other?" Wade commented.

"Separate them, maybe?" Bob suggested. "Mark goes one way, Y/n goes the other?"