1. New Life

There is no such thing as moving on. You can never unlove a person. You can just find happiness in something else.

Listen to 'Begin Again' by Rachel Platten.

With my coffee in my hand, I look at the city through the floor to ceiling glass windows of my cabin. The world has surely changed a lot in the past few years but my life hasn't changed a bit. I am living the same life every single day. Without any actual joy or happiness.

Nothing really good has happened in the past few years except the wedding of Rachel and Jason and the birth of my little sister Johanna. She is six years old now.

Mom and dad are really worried about me. They plan vacations for me, make me meet new people especially men. It was all just too much for me. So I moved out. It might not be a really big deal for many parents but my parents took it really bad. Mom would visit me every other day, would call me twice a day. Dad would come to office everyday for an hour or so, so that I can have a break.

I really don't need any of this. I just want to be left alone but no one except my close friends understands this. I sometimes feel really bad because Mom and Dad are going through hell just because of me but I just can't tolerate anything anymore. I can't tolerate those looks of pity in their eyes, or stress them anymore by yelling and crying at nights.

I'm surprised I haven't run out of tears yet. Someone or other gives me a lecture on moving on once in every week. Why can't they understand that there is no such he thing as moving on? Loneliness is my coping mechanism.

Gabriel has become my oxygen. Without him, I don't think I could've gone through all these years. The rest of my friends helped too.

"Ms Greene, Mr Reed is here." Archie informs as she enters in my cabin.

"You know you can call me Katherine, Archie" I say without turning. Taking small sips from the burning hot coffee.

"I don't want the other employees to think that I'm here because I am your best friend so let's stick to Ms Greene when we are in office."

I turn and place my unfinished coffee on my desk. "Ok Ms Stone, lead the way." Archie is like my life supporting system. She and Gabriel used to go on and then off after highschool and she was fed up of it. So she came to me and I told her to take a break from him.

She did and that's when Gabriel realised that he really and truly missed her. When Gabriel went to her to apologise, she didn't accept it right away. After months and months of up and down, they finally got together. I was and am happy for them.

Archie and I then went to the same college and became besties. It's hard not to fall in love with her. She is just so cute and sweet and simple and sober and fun all at the same time. I can go on and on about her qualities but in one word I can just say that she is awesome.

My heels clatter on the tiled floor as I walk to the conference room. Heels have more or less become part of me now. It was hard the few years going to parties and office and meetings in these ridiculous things but I got used to them.

Mr Reed and his assistant gets up from their chairs when we enter the conference room. He passes me a smile as we shake hands. He is a newbie in the business world, just took over his father's company an year ago. Newbies are easy to manipulate but they are not fun to deal with.