18. Full of Surprises

Earth seems like heaven when you are with the one you love.

Listen to 'Like I'm gonna lose you' by Meghan Trainor

"So.. how did the talk go?" I ask Chris as he sits on the chair in front of mine and hands me back phone. They talked for almost half an hour and now I'm curious.

"Bad at first, good at the end." He tells and stops. I pass him a go on look. "He told me take care of you." He says in a tone that tells me that he isn't going to tell me any further.

His eyes then fall on the opened gift kept on the table. "You still haven't opened it?"

"I was waiting for you." I say picking up the box and unwrapping it. When I open the box, I find a pretty, long, necklace inside it. It's just a long silver chain with a beautiful butterfly pendant. The butterfly is encrusted with daimonds at some places. Must be expensive. But it's so so pretty.

"Do you like it?" He asks coyly.

"I love it." I say truthfully.

Chris walks over to me and takes the pendant from my hands. He removes the hairs from my back and ties the necklace around my neck. I get up from my seat, turn to him and kiss him. Chris looks shocked for a second before he gives in and kisses me back.

"I love you." I say when we pull away.

"I love you too." He says, attaching his forehead to mine. We stay like this for some time after which he goes back to his barbecue and I engage myself with the phone.

I fight a mental battle before dialing my home's landline number because let's face it, I can't bear talking to mom right now. I hate lying to her and I know I'll burst into tears on hearing her voice.

"Greene mansion how may I help you." Marie picks up.

"Hey Marie. Are Luke and Jo home?" I ask.

"Katherine! Happy birthday darling! And yes they are here they were waiting for you to call. They tried to call you but your phone was out of reach." She rants. "Johanna! Luke! It's Katherine!" She calls out.

Soon I hear a quarrel on the other hand. "I'll talk first cause I'm older than you." I hear Luke saying.

"But Marie called me first and Kathy loves me more!" Jo complains.

"Hey kiddos." I shout cheerfully earning a chuckle from Chris.

"Kathy!" They both shout together. "Happy birthday!" Again together.

"Thank you so much." I thank them.

"When are you coming back? We miss you." Jo says in an amazingly cute voice.

"Aww honey. I miss you too. I'll be back soon." I say. Even I don't know if it's true or not.

"You know Kathy, my team defeated the east side's team!" Luke tells.

We keep on talking and talking until Chris brings food.

"I'll talk to you later guys, gotta go. Love you." I bid them goodbye.