22. Being a Bitch

Sometimes when things don't work out your way, you have to put in some extra and unusual efforts to make them work out your way. Good or bad, that's up to you.

Listen to 'Fight song' by Rachel Platten.

All I can see is blood oozing out of Chris's abdomen. Kayden and Justin are having either of Chris's hand around their shoulder, barely holding his limp body upright.

"Victor, Greg go bring the infirmary bed. Right now!" Kayden shouts. Sweat is trickling down his face and he looks panicked. Everyone does. The bed comes and Kayden and Justin put an unconcious Chris on it.

Alex pulls me to one side as they push the wheeled bed towards the infirmary.

Only Chase, and two nurses whom the guys brought with them goes inside and rest stays outside. That's when my senses kick in and I run to the infirmary door. But before I could reach it Jayden steps in front of me.

"You can't go in Katherine." He says in a dead serious. I've never seen him this serious before.

"What are you talking about? I have got to go in. I need to see him." I argue with Jayden and try to push him aside but he is strong as a wall. When he still doesn't step aside, I try to walk past him but he holds me by waist and stops me from reaching the door again.

Ok these people really don't know who the real Katherine Greene is. I planned not to bring my bad ass side up but this goody goody behaviour isn't helping me.

I grab his wrist which is around my waist and twist it real hard, Jayden groans. I hear gasps from a number of people around me. When Jayden's strong composure weakens, I push him aside violently and make a run for the door when Greg blocks me.

"Not you too." I say angrily. I raise my hand push him but Greg grabs my wrist.

"Listen to me Kathy." Greg says in a soothing tone. "Chase is the best doctor of the area, he will save him. Nothing will happen to him. If you go in, you'll be a hindrance for them."

I try to process his words which is really difficult if you ask me cause my emotions are all jumbled up right now. But I guess he right. When he realises that I'm not fighting him, he leaves my wrist and pulls me in a hug.

"Everything will be alright." He says and runs a hand through my hairs. I cry silently in his arms and my knees give up but Greg doesn't let me fall. He helps me to the waiting chair outside the infirmary.

I don't know for how long I remain seated there. My eyes are on the floor and I am numb. I literally am. I can't hear anyone or anything, I can't even feel my limbs.

But when someone shakes me, I step out of my trance. I look up to see Justin standing in front of me.

"The surgery went successful. Though it'll take boss some time to regain conciousness as he has lost a lot of blood." He informs. I nod and look back down. "You can go inside if you want to." I get up from the chair and go straight inside the infirmary. Chris is lying on the bed surrounded with modern technology equipments. His face is not tanned anymore, it's pale. He looks so.. lifeless.

I sit on a stool beside the bed and hold his hand. "You promised that you'll come back in one piece. Why do you always break your promises? It hurts. It really hurts." I whisper. I bury my head in his hand and weep silently.

I weep for quite a long time and then fall asleep.

Next morning

"Kath." I recognise Justin's voice. I open my eyes and find him hovering above me. I lift my head up from Chris's bed and stretch a little to get rid of the stiffness of my back. "You should go up and freshen up." He says.