33. Telling the Parents

Listen to 'Secret love song' by Little Mix

Next morning

"Hey there little one. Daddy's here. He is a bit late but he is here now. I promise daddy will never leave you now." This is the first thing I hear when I open my eyes. I then feel Chris kissing my belly.

"What do you think is the gender?" I question him in a sleepy voice, plopping on my elbows.

He sits up on the matress cross legged and I do the same.

"Girl or boy, doesn't matter. But I think it's a girl. Imagine how cute she would be with your hairs and smile and my green eyes." He gets lost in his imagination. She really would be cute.

"But I feel like it's a boy. He would be really cute with your hairs and my eyes and my high cheekbones." I say and Chris nods.

"Let's see who wins." He challenges and I laugh. Then he tackles me down on the mattress holding my hands above my head. "Did you break off your engagement?" He questions.

"I.. I tried to break it. But Zac is in denial stage. He still has hope. He wants to marry me real bad."

"Not his fault." He says smugly and kisses me softly. "But we have another problem." He tells when we break free.

"That is.."

"Your parents."

I gasp. Why didn't I think about it. I push him off of me and sit up straight. "This is all your fault!" I shout at him.

"Pray tell me how?" He plops on one of his elbow.

"Neither would you have gotten me pregnant, neither would I have to tell my parents it's Zac's and we won't be in the middle of this big catastrophe. Will mom kill me when I tell her everything? Definitely."

Chris laughs at my babble. I pout. "Only nine months to go." He teases and I smile.

Suddenly, there is the sound of main door opening from the foyer. I furrow my brows. Please someone tell me how many people have the keys to my apartment. Austin, Gabriel, Archie, mom, dad, Bethany... I've lost count.

"Who might that be?" I question and get off the bed, on my feet.

"Must be Justin and Alex. They went for jogging this morning when I came." He too gets on his feet.

My eyes fell on my one earring lying near my feet. I bend down to pick it up.

"Don't bend baby." Chris says. I keep the earring on the nightstand. He walks over to me. "You won't bend from now on. Tell me if you need to pick up anything." He lifts me off my feet and start walking me out of the room.

"Ok ok, I get it." I say.

We are now out of the door and into the foyer. A glass item falls on the ground with a loud clink.

I look in the front to find Zac standing there near the dining table with a breakfast tray in his hands. Chris puts me down on my feet. We three stand there, not saying anything, just staring at each other.