15. Knowing... things

There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a flashing, throbbing moment.

Listen to 'Only you' by Little Mix

Five hours later

I lift my heavy eyelids up forcefully. Maybe Chris is right, I am allergic to rains, cause now I'm feeling like shit. My head is aching intolerably and my throat also hurts.

But because I feel thirsty, I have to get up. Dragging my back along the backrest of the bed, I try to sit up straight. I grab the glass and jug and fill the glass with water and gulp down the liquid.

When I keep the glass and jug back, I see a small note on the side table. I pick it up. It's from Chris.

Important work came up. Food is in the fridge if you feel hungry. There is no need to go back downstairs to your room. I'm planning to shift you in my guest room but we'll talk about that when I come back.
Love, Chris

I nod. But then I realise that he won't see it. I sigh at my stupidity and lay back down on the bed and duck under the comforter.

I was about to fall asleep again when I hear some noise coming from the foyer. I remove the comforters off of me and jump off the bed.

I walk to the door of the room with wobbly legs but before I could reach it, the door opens and Victor comes in. I start feeling dizzy and my legs give up. I would've definitely fell face first if it weren't for Victor diving to catch me. The rest of my new friends, Alexis, Justin and Greg comes inside soon after.

"Careful there." Victor says grabbing me so that I won't fall.

Victor carries me to the bed in bridal style and lays me down gently. The rest are soon by side. Alexis sits on the bed on my right hand side, Justin near my legs while Victor and Greg kneels down on the floor on my left.

Alex puts a hand on my head. "You're burning Kath." She says. "Victor go to the infirmary and bring some fever tablets." She orders. Victor nods as he gets up and darts out of the room.

"How come you all are here?" I ask. Meanwhile, Greg covers me with the blanket.

"Boss called and told us to check on you." Justin tells.

"You were just fine this morning." Greg says.

"More than fine." Alex teases.

"Not now Alex." Greg says. "What happened now?"

"I get sick if I stay in the rain for long." I tell.

Greg looks down. "I'm so sorry. You said you didn't want to get wet and I still dragged you out." He says embarrassed.

"It's okay. Just a minor fever. You all should go back now." I say.

"You kidding? We ain't going anywhere until your fever comes down. It's not a minor fever, mind you." Alex says.

Justin bring a tub of cold water and a wet cloth and puts it on my head. He keeps the tub on the side table.

For an hour, they kept on dipping the cloth in cold water once it got hot and gave me tablet and fed me like a kid.

"Guys, I'm feeling better now. You don't have to worry. Chris will be here in sometime." I tell them.