38. Remaining six months

I just want someone to be there for me, to make me feel safe and secure.

Listen to 'Worth fighting for' by Josh Auer.

Chris's POV

When Katherine's five months pregnant

Midnight

I wake up suddenly when I hear a soft cry. I rub my eyes to get rid of my sleep and find Kath sitting on the bed, crying.

Surprised, I sit up and pull her into me. "What happened baby? Are you in pain?" I ask. She doesn't reply, she just keeps on looking at something on her mobile phone screen. I take her silence as a yes. "Let's go to the hospital." I say and get up from the bed.

I hold her hand and pull her to me. "No." She says in between her sobs and pulls me back on the bed. How the heck is this woman so strong. "Look." She says pointing at something on her mobile screen.

It's a picture of a cute little baby with a hairy dog. Both are looking so damn adorable.

"The kid is looking right at me." Kath says between her weak sobs. I laugh a little.

"You can do all this tomorrow. Just get some sleep now." I say and take her phone from her hands.

Then I help her lay down and put the comforters back on her. "Goodnight hon." I whisper and give her a little peck on lips before going back to sleep.

When Katherine's six months pregnant

"Hey Chris, let's go the pub tonight. Only you, me, Austin and Jason. It's been a while since all the four of us hung out." Gabriel says, plopping down on the couch. It's Sunday but Kath still had to go to office for some meetings. She works too hard sometimes that I think it's not healthy.

"I'm not so sure about that. I mean, Kath needs me all the time nowadays and..."

"I'll send Archie over, they can also have a girl's night." He reasons.

"Ok then.." My phone starts ringing, cutting me off. It's Kath. I pick up the phone and hear her crying. "Kath, what's wrong?" I ask, totally stressed out now. Gabriel becomes serious too and signals me to put the phone on speaker. I do.

She doesn't reply and keeps on sobbing.

"You wait right there Kath, I'm coming." I say, getting up from the couch and rushing towards the door. Gabriel follows me.

"In Grey's anatomy..." She finally starts speaking. Gabriel and I stop to listen what she has to say. ".. Derek died honey." And she starts crying again.

Gabriel and I look at each other and start laughing. Gabriel laughs so hard that he falls down.

"Baby, we knew Derek died, years ago." I say to her after sobering up.

"But what about Meredith and her kids Chris. How will she manage." She argues making Gabriel laugh harder.

"You don't worry about her, she'll manage." I reply, trying hard to hold my laughter in.