34. Proposal

Listen to 'This feeling' by The Chainsmokers

One month later

The pregnancy isn't settling well with me. I have morning sickness, deadly cravings, sore feet and what not.

But this was not all. My mental health also was not stable. And no I am not going crazy. I just read some pregnancy related stories and some talks from a middle aged woman working in my office.

And saying that they were horrible is an understatement.

"Katherine." Chris calls and slightly knocks on the door.

"Coming." I say and wipe off my tears.

Chris blocks my way as I open the bathroom door. I look down but I can feel his gaze on me.

"Come here." He says taking my hand in his and taking me to our bed. He makes me sit on his lap. "Now tell me what's happening? You have been a bit down lately."

"I am scared." I whisper.

"Of what?" He questions.

"Of this pregnancy. Our lives would never be the same. We would have responsibilities. We would have to divide the little time we have for ourselves. Don't you think it's too soon?" I cup his cheeks. "We haven't had any time." And there goes the waterworks.

"We would have plenty of time even when the kid comes." He says in a convincing tone.

"Maybe... And there is the fear of the pain. Will I be able to get through with the pain?"

He pulls me closer to him. "This is the one thing about which I cannot do anything. But I promise I'll be there with you. I'll not leave your side for a second."

I smile at him and get off his lap. "I'm just being ridiculous. Pregnancy hormones are really getting to my brain." He gets up too and pulls me in a hug.

"I love you." He says as runs his hands through my hairs.

"I love you too." I pull away. "Now I have to leave. There is a really important meeting with a client today." I grab my handbag from the TV table and jog out of the room.

"Hey don't rush baby." Chris calls behind me.

I grab a sandwich from the dining table and walk to the door. Chris follows me.

"When will you be back?" He questions.

"I will be late tonight. Have a lot to do." I tell and give him a soft and quick kiss on his lips. "Bye. Love you." I get out of the door and stride to the elevator.

"Love you. Be back soon." He says. I swivel and give him a flying kiss which he catches and places on his heart.

Night

I'm super late. It's two o'clock by now. Chris must be waiting for me. Archie is on leave. She is my alarm clock who tells me when to get out and when to come in. I guess I have to take up Alex's offer to be my substitute PA.

I open the door with the keys and walk into a candle lighted foyer. I gasp and walk further to find Chris sleeping on the nicely decorated dining table.