11. Realisation

You're a mess, I confess, I despise you in the best kind of way.

Listen to 'September' by Taylor Swift

Next day

I wake up when I hear the door opening. I rub my eyes to get rid of the dizziness and sit up.

"You didn't sleep at boss's?" Alex asks, entering the room.

"Nope. I walked out angrily." I tell.

Then her eyes fall on my neatly bandaged hand and roughly bandaged leg in which I used the cloth of the blue nightie as a bandage.

"How did this happen?" She asks.

"Oh, I fell on a broken vase." I say as if it's no big deal.

Alex sighs. "Seems like tragedy follows you everywhere."

"You've revealed my deepest darkest secret!" I say dramatically.

She chuckles. Then she tosses me a paper bag. "Here are some clothes for you. Go take a bath. There's a first aid in the bathroom so bandage your leg properly. I'll be in the cafeteria."

I nod and Alex leaves.

In the cafeteria

I fill my plate with fruits and one pancake and make my way to our table where Alex, Victor, Greg and Justin are already seated. They pass me a warm smile when I sit down.

"So.. what exactly happened last night?" Justin asks smugly. "Did things get too hot?" He teases. Yeah they did, I say sarcastically in my mind. They can't see the bandages on my hand and leg because of the sweatpants and short hoodie I'm wearing.

Greg chokes on his food while Victor and Alex chuckles.

I roll my eyes. "Perv." I say to Justin.

"Why don't you just tell me what happened? I'm dying to know. Did boss get soft? Did he confess? Did he apologise?" He bombards me with questions.

I shake my head. I don't really want to tell what happened. I think God hears my prayer as he sends Jayden and Kayden as distractions.

"Can we sit here?" They say together.

"Sure, why not." I blurt out quickly. They grab the opportunity and get settled on the two empty chairs.

"How come the fourth floor members are sitting with us?" Victor asks.

"Alex also lives on the fourth floor, you don't say anything to her. Plus we are here for our new friend Kath not you jerk." Jayden says.

Victor rolls his eyes while the rest of us chuckle.

"Since when did we become friends?" I tease.

"Since yesterday when I tried to save your ass." Kayden says.

"Oh yeah about that. Thank you very much for atleast trying to save me." I thank him, feeling a bit flustered.