31. Back to You

Listen to 'Back to you' by Louis Tomlinson

Next day

Katherine

Austin barges into my cabin. I was stunned for a moment before I knew who it was. "Gosh why couldn't you just knock and come?" I ask.

He strides forward and plops down on one chair in front of my table. "That's no fun."

"Why are you here?" I come straight to the point. This whole wedding stress and arrangements and all has irritated me enough. Plus the morning sickness doesn't help either.

"You remember when you told me you were going on that dangerous mission?"

"I don't want to remember it but I do." I say.

"So you must remember you promised me that if you came back alone, you would go on a blind date that I would set up for you."

Yes, he did say something like that. "So?"

"So, I found someone with whom you would go on a blind date." He states.

"What? Are you out of your mind? I am an engaged, pregnant women who is going to get married in less than ten days." I reason with him.

"But this guy is really looking forward to meet you. I am not saying make him your boyfriend or anything, just meet him once." He pleads. "Plus you never break your promises."

Not having the energy to argue with him anymore, I say, "Okay fine. But tell your friend that I am engaged first so that he doesn't feel betrayed later."

"Everyone in the country knows you are engaged." He says and rolls his eyes. Well that's true.

Suddenly, I feel sick. I run to the connected washroom. Austin follows me. I kneel down on the ground and throw up in the commode while Austin holds my hairs back. He then passes me a wet napkin. I clean my mouth with it and get back on my feet. Then I flush and we both get out of the washroom.

"You are still having morning sickness?" He questions.

"Yeah. It's getting worse." I say.

"Did you talk to your doctor?"

"She said it happens sometimes." I lie. I haven't told the doctor about it yet. Austin nods and we walk back to the desk. I sit down, thoroughly tired but Austin just keeps standing.

"So date tonight, at the address that I'll send you soon, at dot eight pm." He declares.

"Tonight?"

"Yes tonight. Cancel your plans for the evening." He orders. I nod. "Ok then, I'll get going, have to tell him the great news." I nod again and he leaves.

I sigh and lean back on my chair. What the hell is going on? And who is this guy? And why would he want to go out with an engaged soon to be married women?

Evening

My phone goes off and I see that it's Zac who's calling me.