5. Kidnapping

Sometimes you have to take the risk and go for it. It might not always turn in your favour but you'll always be satisfied that you atleast tried.

Listen to 'For you' by Rita Ora and Liam Payne

One day later

Archie gives my hand a squeeze as we are about to land. She knows I'm a jumbled mess right now.
"You sure you still want to do this?" She asks.

I nod. "There's no going back now." I state.

Yesterday, I took a day off and spent the time with my family. They don't know what I am about to do. They just know that I'm going on a business trip for three weeks and I'm planning to keep them in the dark until everything has been done. Mom and dad won't be able to live in anxiety and tension and worry all the time when I am away if I told them the truth. It's better this way.

It was really nice spending time with my siblings and parents after a long time. They made me promise myself that I have to survive. I have to live for them if not for me. They need me. They love me, despite me being the worst daughter and elder sister. They still adore me.

Gabriel and Austin came to see me off at the airport today morning. They wanted to come here with me but I refrained them from doing so. I would have gone weak if I would've seen their sorrowful face and that's the last thing I need.

It was hard to say the least. Really hard. They hugged me like it's the last time we are going to do it. Like we would never meet again.

The plane lands and I and Archie get out of it. The pilot I hired, Mr Hamilton, asks me how was the flight. I thanked him and said it was good. He bids me farewell by saying we would see each other soon. I just nodded.

From the airport, we went straight to Rene's condo. At every security check, Archie just said my name and they let us through. Once outside her condo, Archie rings the door bell.

The housekeeper opens the door and looks at Archie with confusion. But when her eyes falls on me, she steps aside and lets us in.

"Tell Ms Williams that Ms Katherine Greene is here and we want to talk to her this right now." Archie orders. The housekeeper nods fervently and rushes upstairs. I and Archie sit on the couch meanwhile.

A few seconds later, we hear click clack of heels coming down the stairs. I stand up and so does Archie. Rene comes to our view. She is wearing the biggest, fakest smile one could. I've met her a few times at some galas and instantly developed a dislike towards her.

"Ms Greene. Didn't know you were coming. You should've told me, I could've arranged a luncheon or something." She greets me.

"That's really nice of you Ms Williams but we are here to discuss something important with you. Really important." I say.

We all sit back down on the couch and I tell her about her kidnapping that is going to take place tonight. She completely freaks out and paces here and there in the hall.

"Should I call the police? Or should I spend the night somewhere else? Why would someone want to harm me?" She babbles.

"Police won't take any action until something actually happens. If you spend the night somewhere else it's just a temporary thing." I tell.

"So what should I do?" She is on the verge of tears now.

"My PA Ms Stone will take you somewhere safe for some months. You can go into hiding. It's one of my house only."

"Oh thank you so much Katherine. I always thought you were a bitch who never liked me but you are the best. I'm really grateful to you."

I roll my eyes at her honestly while Archie chuckles.

"Pack your necessary stuff quickly." I order. She nods and runs back upstairs.

An hour later

"You're not leaving with us?" Rene asks as she and Archie steps out of the house.

"Not right now. My flight is two hours later so I might as well do some sightseeing. Will it be okay if I make myself a cup of coffee here and then leave?" I ask.

"Not at all. Make yourself comfortable here. And thanks again Katherine, I don't know what I would've done without your help." This is the first time I've felt that she means whatever she has just said. She's not being fake. Maybe she is not all that bad. I nod at her.

"The car's waiting for us downstairs. You go ahead, I'll be behind you." Archie tells her. She nods and walks to the elevator. Archie, then, hugs me tightly. I hug her back. She sobs a little.

I pull away and look into her tear filled eyes. "Hey, don't cry. I'll be back soon. You know I can't see you like this."

She wipes her tears and smiles. "You're right. I should be happy that you are going to be reunited with Chris. That's what you've always wanted. Just take care Kathy." With this she turns and jogs towards the elevator. She doesn't look back but I know she is crying right now. A tear drop escapes from my eye too.

I shouldn't have made a promise that I'm not sure I'll be able to fulfill. Things can turn out differently. Maybe this was the last time I saw her. Maybe the hug I received from everyone was the last one. No! I should stay positive. This is not the time for such morbid thoughts.

Three hours later

The clock shows that it's going to be one AM. According to the information Zac got, the kidnapping is to take place half an hour from now. I make my way upstairs to Rene's room. There, I open her closet and pick out a blue knee length nightgown.

Putting it on, I hop on her bed and pull the covers over me. It's going to be alright. You will be alright. I chant this over and over again in my mind. I can feel myself shivering from nervousness.

I turn off the lights and stare at the radium clock, ticking off the time. A good twenty five minutes later, I hear some muffled noises from downstairs. This is it. The time has come. I turn my back towards the door and close eyes, pretending to be asleep.

I lose track of time and the next thing I know, some people sneak inside the room and walk to me. They put a handkerchief in front of my nose. I shift a little to give the impression that I'm struggling but due to the strong sedative on the handkerchief, I don't have to pretend for long cause within seconds, I start feeling dizzy. At last, I feel myself falling into a state of unconsciousness. The last words I say to myself is 'god save me'.