Chapter 8: row, row, row your boat

I woke up early again. "Well besides Harold and DJ I can't talk to anyone on this team." I whispered to myself.

I took out my diary and looked at DJ. I got out my pencil and started drawing. Luckily my diary has a key lock, since Chris found it I'll have to find a better spot for it. I looked out side then back down at my book.

I started to lightly sketch DJ, it was hard since his position would change from time to time. It was nice and quite until Chris woke us up. I quickly shut my book and took out the key and locked it. I haven't really talked to anyone after the challenge. I mean, now that everyone knows it doesn't really matter.

/Derick: "You know, it sucks because my original plan was to make a good impression on my team, but ever since that last challenge. I don't know, people just look at me weird."\

I walked out to see everyone standing and Chris talking. I came out a little late.

"We have to pour what now" Geoff said.

"Portage, dude walk with your canoe." Chris explained.

"Oh" Geoff said.

'Mental facepalm'

"When you arrive at the other end of the island, you will build a rescue fire that will be judge by me. The first team to paddle home and return their canoes win invincibility. Move campers, move. Chris said. We were about to leave until Chris stoped us.

"One last thing I should metion. Legend has it, if you take anything off the island you'll be cursed forever. Chris said as a thunderclap sound comes out of nowhere even though it wasn't raining.

"Yeah, a cursed island. Whoo." Owen screamed excited.

"Now get in your canoes and let's have some fun." Chris said as we headed off. I looked to see DJ walking. I was gonna go up to him. Suddenly an arm wrapped around my neck bending me over, I look up to see Duncan, then to my right to see Harold who was also had his neck pinned by Duncan.

He threw us into the boat and pushed it toward the water.

/Derick: "Seriously. Why? Then again it could be worse. I at lease have Harold, and not annoying Courtney. Yeah, I'm still mad about the challenge.\

"On your mark, get set, paddle." Chris said.

We started paddling. Harold sat behind me as I sat in the middle, Duncan took front seat. I looked to see Duncan still paddling.

"I'm still mad that most of us had to face our fears and Courtney, who forced everyone, didn't do anything." I said to Harold as he nodded in agreement.

"Well her fear was more reasonable than yours, pony freak." Duncan said jumping in our conversation.

"I'm pretty sure no one was talking to you, and I'm pretty sure that both of our fears were more reasonable than yours." I said. But I probably shouldn't have said that. He just gave me a real harsh glare.

"I mean seriously. A Celine Dion music store standee. That's ridi-". Before I could finish he griped me by my shirt.

"Hm. Still got the guts to speak? huh? Didn't think so." He threw me back down to where I was sitting.

/"Look, I personally thought my life was gonna end. Sure Duncan's scary. But he is on my team so, yeah I can't eliminate him yet."\

We continued to paddle. I looked over to see Gwen swing her oar at Cody. I cringed, then noticed that it was getting foggy. We finally reach land and started walking through the woods. We eventually came to two paths.

"Which way should we go?" DJ said.

"I think we should go right, since it's the RIGHT path." I said. I looked at Harold wanting him to back me up.