Chapter 14: 9 Bad meals

I was walking through the forest. For some reason I was in a good mood. Don't know why. I was happily humming to myself.

I spun around, but then I tripped on a rock and fell on top of someone.

"Wow. Someone's in a good mood this morning." DJ smiled at me.

"Yeah. I suppose I am." I said blushing at our closeness.

" I was gonna go to the dining hall. Wanna come?" DJ said.

I got up and helped him up.

"Sure" I said.

+

We made it there to see no breakfast.

"Aw, no breakfast." Trent said.

"Don't worry. There will be plenty to eat." Chris said as him and chef chuckled.

"Congrats to the eleven remaining campers for reaching the half way mark of the competition. you'll all be on jury for the final episode." Chris said.

Me and DJ smile at each other as I give a thumbs up.

"The two teams will become one next week, but first all the girls will be moved to Gopher cabin. All guys will stay in the Bass cabin. This challenge is as old as history itself. The battle of the sexes." Chris says.

Duncan winks to there side. Lindsay blows Raspberry's back as I just roll my eyes.

"After everyone's settled in, I'll announce the challenge, then you'll have a bite to eat." Chris said as him and chef begin to laugh.

"Ready for a little good news? This week no one will be kicked off" Chris said as I high fived DJ.

"It's all for reward and its a good one. Okay time to relocate." Chris says. Him and chef chuckle as we walk out.

I walk by myself looking worried. Great, more humans in the same room as me.

/Derick: "Okay, I have to be careful. why did Harold have to leave me right before the merge. I mean Duncan and Geoff don't like me. I honestly don't think anyone likes me. So I have to make sure that I get invincibility."/

I walked back to see all the guys having a party. I instantly cringed and walked out.

/Derick: "I forgot to mention I hate party's. Last time I went to a party didn't turn out well. My dad forced me to go to this party since I don't have many friends. You know what I ended up doing? I had to find a corner of the house and blast nightcore in my ears to block out there bad music. And don't even me started on the food."/

I went in to get some of my left over dessert. I felt bad about cheating Gwen and Bridgette out of there dessert. I walked up and opened the door.

"Hey girls, I have some muffins left over an-" Before I could finish I see that the girls are having a whole argument. I looked confused as they as looked confused at me

"Um, maybe I'll come back later" I said before walking off. I decided to stay In the other side of the bass cabin. I read a little bit of fan fiction on wattpad(AN: how ironic).

My reading was interrupted by a door opening.

"Thought I might find you here" DJ said. I instantly became nervous. "Why didn't stay for the party?" DJ asked.

"I don't like party's. And I don't get along with any of the guys here but you." I said.

"Well, I got you some chips and soda." DJ said handing me them.

"Thanks. Though I'll probably eat them after breakfast" I said.

+

We headed to the dining hall and sat down.