Chapter 16: Time To Be Pirates?

I woke up rubbing my eyes. I felt tired, but I don't want Chris to wake up. I looked down to still see DJ still seeping.

"Is he crying in his sleep?" I mumbled.

"Argh! Mattie! Meet me at the a PA theater in five minutes and I'll tell you about today's challenge!" Chris said.

I got up and walked to the theater. I sat down next to DJ.

"Hey D" DJ said.

"Hey D. Hehe." I said.

Me and DJ started calling each other D, since both of our names both start with the letter D.

"Well, my little scalawags, have we got an adventure in store for ye." Chris said. Then his parrot fell off his shoulder.

"What's under the sheet?" Geoff asked.

"On a good time, laddie! Who here has a hankering for a good Ole fashioned treasure hunt? Now this treasure hunt's got a twist, mate's. What you're looking for isn't hidden, and it isn't treasure." Chris said.

Of course. I knew it was to good to be true.

" If there's no treasure, then what's with the eye patch and the plastic parrot? " Duncan asked.

" Argh! Shiver me timbers, good question, me boy. You're looking for keys a treasure chest. Inside each of these chest's is a treasure that will pamper you land lovers. And, one of these chest, will give you invincibility! Now come round and pull a card out of this bucket, or you'll have to walk the plank. " Chris said.

I picked up a card. It looks like the boat we take during the dock of shame. I ran over and seen the boat. I seen a case with a lock on it. I have to put in three numbers. I seen a paper next to it. I picked it up and read it.

I began putting in random numbers. Think Derrick think. I got out my phone. I type in "When is Chris McLain's Birthday?" I typed in the date and it opened.

Of course this would be the combination.

I picked up my key and walked away. That was easier than I thought. I walked went into the kitchen to see Heather trying to get her key. She didn't notice I was here. I seen a spoon on the floor. I threw it at chef to wake him up. He then began chasing her.

I left out of the room and went to the forest. I seen DJ in a tree.

"DJ! What are you doing?" I said.

"I'm trying to get the key off the tree, but the bird keeps making it shake." DJ said.

"I'll help you." I said. I picked up a few rocks and. Start throwing rocks at the bird. The bird flew away. DJ was about to get his key but his branch broke. He fell off. I caught him bridle style. I could feel a blush coming on.

"You okay?" I said.

"Yeah. Thanks you" DJ said.

"No problem." I said putting him down and picking up his key and handing it to him.

/"Okay. How is it that I can catch him. But I can't do a push up? And I'm pretty sure he's. Heavier then me."/

"Wow. Your a lot stronger than you look."

"Second time you said that to me." I said.

Then Leshawna came running to us.

"Guys..." She said panting out of breath. "Heather and Trent are two timing." I nodded to what she said..

/"Trent's cheating on Gwen?. Wow.. And Gwen was just telling me about how she wanted to go out with him. But that doesn't seem like Trent." /

"Alright, campers, meet me at the campfire in then. And bring your keys" Chris said.