Chapter 11: I have trust issues

I woke up to see all the guys still asleep. I finally get some peace and quite. I picked up my umbrella and walked outside.

I sat down under a tree with the umbrella over my head trying to cool off. I sat for a good while then made my way to the mess hall. I got my breakfast and sat closer to the end and waited for Harold to come.

I sat there just poking at my food. Suddenly my hat was snatched off my head. I quickly turned around to see Duncan holding it.

"Give me back my hat!" I demanded.

"Yo Geoff, catch!" Duncan said. He then threw it to Geoff.

"Seriously I'm not kidding! Give it back!" I yelled.

"You gotta catch it first" Geoff said.

I growled under my breath. I jumped toward Geoff causing us both to fall but he threw it back to Duncan.

"Duncan, he's serious. Give him his hat back." Courtney demanded. He just dropped it on the floor. I picked it up and put it back on and just sat down.

/"Okay why are they bothering me. I didn't leave my stuff lying on the ground. Plus I'm very sensitive. I have feelings. I just mask them a lot."\

I sat there holding in my tears.

"You okay?" Bridgette said. I just looked over than looked back down. "Guys, I really think you hurt his feelings." Bridgette said.

Duncan just ignored her. "It was just a joke." Geoff said.

"Look, maybe instead of bothering each other maybe we should focus on eliminating the other team." Courtney demanded.

We made our way outside and waited for Chris to explain the challenge.

"So last challenge exposed a few Gopher issues. And I'm sensing a little something fishy from the bass." Chris said.

Me and Harold glared at Duncan and Geoff and they just glared back. Then Duncan elbowed Courtney then she pushed him to the ground as I continued to listened to Chris.

"So today's challenge is gonna be centered around building trust because, all good things begin with a little trust." Chris said.

"There will be three major challenges that will have to be completed by two or more of your team. Normally we'd like to let campers choose their partners. But not this time, more fun for me." Chris said excited. Me and Harold both looked at each other unsure about how bad this could be.

"Okay, for your first challenge you'll be doing an extreme free hand rock climbing adventure. DJ and Duncan will play for the bass. And Heather and Gwen for the gophers." Chris finished. I sighed in relief.

DJ and Gwen both began to climb. They were doing pretty good. Then I looked over at Heather holding the ropes. "You don't wanna fall, behind." Heather said. She then pulled her second rope. I then look to see that her skirt was ripped off.

DJ then caught a part of her skirt then lost balance. Causing Duncan and DJ stuck hanging upside down. Gwen climbed to the top winning the first point for her team.

"Harold, I'm gonna go to the bathroom. Tell me if something happens." I said as I ran off.

I felt bad for lying, but I realize I didn't have my diary in my bed this morning. I looked around the cabin but didn't see it. I felt very scared about what could have possibly happened.

/"I'm trying no to panic. But I can't let anyone read it. Especially DJ". I say as I looked at the camera scared.\

I came back to see Chris explaining the next challenge. "Hey you okay, you don't look so good." Harold said to me.