Chapter IV

POV: Angelo

"N-no, please! I-I'll get the money, I swear! P-please! Have mercy!"
Beads of sweat pour down his forehead as he begs for his life. Pure terror masks his face, and he suddenly drops to his knees.

"Carlo, Carlo, Carlo, tutt tutt tutt. You should know better than to sell my products and return without my money." I say with a patronising expression in my tone of voice.

"P-please, I-I have a family, a daughter and a wife. All I wanted was to send my daughter to college!" The chubby man almost whispered.

"A family eh?" I question trying to sound interested.
"Y-yes, please, I-I have to look after them! I'll get your money by next week, I promise!" He tried to reason with me.

I smirked. "Don't worry I'll look after your family for you Carl."...

With that I grinned at the mortified man kneeling before me and put my gun right between his eyes.

"Please no, leave them out of this!" He shrieked.
"Whose the boss here Carlo, me or you?" I pause waiting for a response but the only answer I get is a deep gulp from the guy.
Eventually he replies, "Y-you are"...

"Ding ding ding! Mother fucking bingo! And do you know what that means?" I pause once again but not expecting a reply this time.
"It means you don't order me around, you obey me. Do I make myself clear?" With that my smirk stretches further across my face and I put a bullet straight through his skull.

His body falls limply to the ground and I brush my suit down.
"No one messes with Angelo Santovendito and gets away with it!" I angrily say.

Once I'm satisfied that he's dead, I click my fingers and order my men to ditch the body.

"Put it in his garage, I'm sure it will be a wonderful surprise to his wife and daughter to find that daddy came home early".
I chuckle as they nod and proudly walk away.

I remember my first kill. Mario Razzino, the rival gang's right hand man.
I'd surprised him by meeting him at one of their strip clubs. He was sat at the bar, whiskey in his hand and admiring the dancers.
He seemed rather comfortable slouched against the bar with an elbow resting on it too.
Well, that was until I turned up.

I still remember the look he had. He sat up straight and raised a glass to me, a smirk on his lips. All he saw me as was the son of a gang leader. I had not yet established my reputation by then so it wasn't at all surprising.

I was 16. I know, I wasn't that young but up until then I'd been trained to be a stone cold killer and this was my first official mission.

Mario was in his early 40s and probably a much more skilled fighter than me but he didn't have the advantage that I did, the element of surprise!

We sat beside each other and to any normal person in the club we looked as if we had been friends for years discussing whatever two blokes would've usually converse about; but we both knew full well that one of us was not going to make it out alive tonight.

We both ordered whiskey and watched the dancers waiting for the other to do or say something suspicious, but there was no need.
I had already slipped a sedative into his whiskey and any moment now he would pass out.
Just as he was getting drowsy I led him out into the alleyway outside the club and just as he was about to draw his gun he face planted straight into the heap of rubbish next to the skip we were beside.

I ve got to say it was really amusing.

A couple of hours later he woke up chained to a chair in the dingy basement. I sat comfortably in the chair opposite him awaiting his awakening.
It was kind of annoying actually, I'd been there for about 20 minutes and he just would not stop snoring!

You can imagine how chuffed I was to find that he'd finally shut up and opened his eyes.

"Good morning sleepy head, did you have a nice nap?" I said my voice rich with sarcasm.
"Awe, are we too tired to talk now? We were really hitting it off in the club, no?"

"I could never get along with a sleazy kid like you" he spat at me.
"Ouch, that really hurt, I'm sooo offended" I faked hurt as I put a hand to my heart.

He just glared at me.
"Well, since we're not into the small talk, how about we get down to business, si?".

Slowly I got up from my chair and approached him placing my hands on either arm of his metal chair and leaning in so his face was only inches away from mine.
He took this as the perfect opportunity to head butt me, but I instantly dodged it.

So damn predictable, I thought while rolling my eyes.

With this I stood up and made my way towards him so I could whisper that he had two choices, the easy way or (yup you guessed it) the hard way.
And guess what he chose.... the hard way, my favourite!

With this I returned to my original position and stared straight into his soul.
"So my question is, where is your pathetic little boss hiding?" I questioned emotionless.

He spat straight at my face and I remained still, not even a flinch. I then gradually straightened my posture and grabbed the silk handkerchief from my pocket and wiped it from my cheek.

I know, classy right?

I turned so that my back was facing him, and walked away in silence.
Just as I was about to exit the room, I turned to one of the men by the door and announced, "you know what to do."

And so I walked upstairs as his agonising shrieks echoed around me.
Pride washed over me as I got further and further away.

4hours later I returned to the basement to find a half dead man still chained to the chair.

"We got all the information we needed capo bastone" one of the men said to me.
"Good." I replied and approached Mario.

"Thank you ever so much for your cooperation, it was a pleasure doing business with the infamous Mario Razzino" my venomous voice announced.

He looked up at me struggling to breathe and attempted to plead,
"Please, L-let me go.".
"Now now, you know we can't do that," I said very matter of factly.
"Now how about I do you a favour and make it quick."

Before he had the chance to reply, I shot him in his temple and blood splattered everywhere.

"I'll see you in Hell you bastard" was all I said before returning upstairs.