Chapter XXXIV

POV: Angelo

The way Aletta spoke to me yesterday was a real wake up call for me.

No one has ever spoken to me like that. Ever. I must admit, at first it did anger me, Hell it still does, but it made me realise something.

Aletta isn't anyone else. She is different and her own person.
And that is what made me fall for her the first time.

She has changed so much and it's all my fault. I never forgave myself for what I did to her, but maybe it's not too late to try and make amends.

It took me 7 years to realise, but I finally have, and this time I won't let her slip away. I will try until the day I die, and that is a promise.

I look down at my watch and read the time: 9:07pm. I wonder what Aletta is doing now.

With that thought I text Bella asking her where Aletta is, using the excuse she left her coat at Alex's and I want to return it to her.

I get a reply soon enough saying that she should be at le restaurant manifique. After reading it, I get straight in my car and drive there with the intention of seeing her as clear as day in my mind.

I pull up outside and get out when my eyes lock on a familiar figure: Aletta.

She is wearing a short red dress with long sleeves and black stilettos. Her hair is straightened and left to cascade freely down her back and shoulders and she is holding a small black purse.

I keep a distance as I realise she is accompanied by approximately four Asian men, an Asian woman and a tall blonde man. I realise it must be a business matter so I hold back, waiting for her to be alone.

The four men and the woman all leave, leaving her and blonde alone. He steps closer to her as she laughs at something he says, making my chest tighten and my fists clench.

I don't wait for him to leave as I walk over to them. I straighten my suit jacket and fix my posture as I enter their line of vision.

Aletta visibly stiffens making my stomach twist, as I realise how much she despises me.

I approach them and she just watches me not moving nor saying a word.

"Aletta, could I please have a word with you?" I politely ask watching her intently.

"I'm pretty busy in case you couldn't tell." She says without removing her eyes from me.

"It'll only take a second." I try to persuade and she rolls her eyes.

"I said everything yesterday, there can't be anything more to say." She says.

Wow she's really stubborn.
"Well okay, how about we meet up later then for dinner. Say Friday?" I ask, trying my hardest not to loose my patience.

"Can't. I'm on a date." She says while moving towards the blonde guy who is still stood besides her.

My eyes glare at him as I watch him grow uncomfortable beneath my gaze.

"I'm Mike nice to meet you." He says with a nod so I narrow my eyes at him.

"I see. Well it was nice meeting you Mike. Aletta." I say and turn away before either one can speak again. I go straight to my car and go home.

As I enter my house I spittle a bottle of whiskey tempting me, but I look away and decide to devise a new plan to get Aletta back.

The week flys by and soon enough it's Friday afternoon. I'm sat with Bella and Alex in a small cafe down town. I've been brooding the whole day, the thought of Aletta with another man driving me insane.