Chapter XXXIII

POV: Aletta

It's 3am and I turn the kettle on ready to make a nice warm cup of chamomile.

Bella is sat in the living room with Alex as he miserably broods over his broken heart.
My chest aches watching my best friends heart crumble like that, and it's even more painful knowing why.

Alex is one of the purest most caring people I know and for Elenor to leave like that makes my chest ache for him. But on the other hand, I know how it feels to be in her position.

Everyone deals with situations differently and this happens to be hers, I just hope she realises what she's missing.

In fact, tomorrow I'll talk to her and then we can see how it will go.

"Hey" Bella yawns as she drags herself over to the kitchen.
"I'm gonna crash here tonight, Alex said spare rooms free if you want to too." She says sleepily and I yawn in response.

"Sure, I'm too tired to drive anyways." I respond while pouring the water into a mug and placing a teabag inside.

I carry the mug over to Alex who gives me a broken smile. "Thank you Allie. For everything" he says gratefully and I smile warmly in response.

"That's ok. I'm always here for you. But right now it's kinda late so why don't we head upstairs and I'll talk to you in the morning." I suggest and he just nods, standing up and heading up the stairs.

I head to the guest room, chucking on a nightie I found in the wardrobe, it's either Bella's or Ellie's and neither would mind me borrowing it.

I throw myself on the mattress and shut my eyes allowing tranquility to envelop me.

The next morning I am awoken by buzzing besides me. I open an eye glancing in the direction of the buzzing to see my phone screen lit up.

With a groan I grab my phone and take a better look at the screen: it's mike, my assistant.

I click the green button to answer the call.

"Aletta, hi. I'm sorry to bother you, as I'm sure you have a great motive as to why you weren't at the office this morning, but I just wanted to let you know that I rescheduled the meeting with the Japanese sponsors for this evening."

My eyes almost bulge out of their sockets at the realisation of what happened so I scramble out of bed instantly.

"Thanks mike your a life saver! What times the meeting now?" I ask.

I hear him chuckle slightly at my reaction but he continues to give me the details.

"You'll meet them at 7:30pm at 'le restaurant manifique'. Reservations are already in place, I'll be there too of course. I'm sure your already aware of the smart dress code and yep, I think that's it." He finishes off and I let out a huge sigh of relief.

"Thanks Mike, I owe you." I reply.

"I'm your assistant, Aletta. It's my job." He laughs and I chuckle slightly too.

"I suppose, but you really are the best at what you do. I'll see you tonight then. Bye."

I hang up the phone and head over to the bathroom.

I put on one of my many Spotify playlists, singing along loudly and carelessly in the shower. When I get out I don't bother turning the music off, instead, I wrap a towel around me and head back into the room, placing my phone on the dresser.

I head straight over to the wardrobe, humming along to the songs, and choose out an outfit that I'd left here previously. That's the great thing about Bella's house and Alex's, we're always round each others so there's no worry of borrowing clothes usually.