Chapter XXV

POV:Aletta

My surroundings are hazy as everything is a blur to me. I hear screaming and multiple gunshots.

The grey brick walls spin making me become disorientated. I place a hand to my throbbing forehead to discover beads of sweat plastered across my face. I grip my hair tight as the noise evokes agony in my mind, there is no way to escape the sound. The deadly, painstaking wailing and screaming.

As I press both hands to each temple trying to rid the torture of my mind, my body slams onto the stone cold ground by a brute force. My weak arms tremble as i try to raise up, but they instantly collapse as I'm once again shoved to the floor.

Tears drop from my eyes, splashing onto the ground beneath my face and my lips begin to quiver. My breathing becomes frantic as my chest constricts. With everything that is going on, my mind is only thinking about one thing...

What if today is the day I die?

However this is shortly followed by an even more traumatising thought...

What if I survive?

Gunshots continue to be fired so I clench my eyes shut, blocking my ears to try and erase the thought of what is going on.

All of a sudden everything turns silent and all I can hear is the erratic thud of my heart and my ragged uneven breaths. I slowly open my eyes to witness a complete blood bath.

My eyes dart across the room focusing on each lifeless corpse lying in their own pool of blood.
I watch in disgust as thick Scarlett liquid oozes from their still forms, my stomach clenching and twisting with negative emotions; fear, anxiety, trauma, confusion, disgust...

Water tumbles down my cheeks continuously, as my head pounds harder. My lips quiver as shaky sobs escape my mouth and my whole body begins to tremble.

I feel a pair of strong arms embrace me, rocking me back and forth, stroking my hair, murmuring sweet nothings into my ear, soothing me. My sobs begin to lessen so I open my heavy eyelids to look up at the source of comfort.

For a moment, my heart flutters as my watery eyes reach a soothing pair of silver ones. All I can see is those eyes staring straight into my soul.

My minds thoughts instantaneously calm and the tears stop pouring uncontrollably down my pale face. I can finally breathe evenly as I focus on the deep mystery swimming deep in the depths of silver.

The world seems to just vanish around me, all my problems fading further and further...

I blink furiously to snap myself out of the deep trace I'm in, shaking my head at the same time.

Everything from before comes raining upon me in that moment, like solid bricks falling from the sky and that is when I realise nothing is ok.

I have just witnessed the murder of several people!

...Murder. The repulsive thought evokes a bitter taste at the back of my throat.

I clench my eyes shut once more trying to remove the traumatising memories etched into my memory clear as day.

No matter how much I try to get rid of it, the thought remains stubbornly in my mind.