Chapter XXIX

POV Aletta:

*two weeks later*

I know it's wrong. But I have to do it. I have to. I have no choice.

But is this the right choice? Am I really doing the right thing? Is this the way it is supposed to be?

My stomach churns as I sit sprawled across my bathroom floor looking hopelessly at my lap.

After I woke up in the morning of that evening, I found myself to be accompanied by an empty duvet and a note.

I'm sorry.

Is all it said. And those three words were enough to make me go crazy.

I spent the whole day solemnly walking through Angelo's house. I looked in every room, hoping, searching for something that would signify this was a nightmare. But it wasn't. It was all true.

Eventually, I returned to his bedroom where I lay and within a fraction of a second I had completely crumbled.

It took me hours before I could stand without collapsing into hideous sobs, but somehow I managed and left the house with a hollow feeling lurking in my chest.

I called a taxi and return straight home only to be welcomed with the two most amazing friends in my life: Bella and Alex.

"Allieeeeeee! I missed you so so soooo muchhhhh!" Bella squealed while tackling me into a suffocating bear hug.

"Can't-breathe-..." I wheezed out dramatically.

She didn't loosen her grip though, and only tightened her grip making me literally gasp for air.

"Get off her bell, I'm sure she doesn't want to die as soon as she gets back." He semi chuckled.

She peeled off me with a miserable look and Alex took over with a softer hug.
"Welcome back Aletta, we missed you." He smiled.

"Awe its so great to see you two, it feels like it's been forever." I smiled.

After seeing the two of them, we sat down and papà cooked dinner for us. We soon after went up to my room and caught up with everything that happened.

We spoke for hours on end, until the wee hours, when we finally fell asleep.

The two of them cheered me up, but it was still by far one of the worst days of my life. And the fact that one week later I still haven't told them what happened with Angelo does not help...

And so as the tears continue to flow down my moist cheeks, I sit and drown in my bottomless pool of emotions on the tiled floor besides my sink.

My sobs begin to get louder as I look at my phone on the floor besides me. And it finally sinks in. Well and truly.

This is happening for real. It's not a nightmare. He's really gone this time.

"Hey, Allie you in there?" A deep voice questions from behind the doors causing my breath to hitch in my throat.

"I-uh y-yeah." I respond trying to stop the quiver in my voice evident.