Chapter XXVIII

POV: Aletta

Angelo is gone. Again.

But this time something feels different.

At first I felt sad and worried for him but as time progressed that developed more into hurt and eventually anger not only at him, but at myself.

Its my fault that he left.

Every passing day, my thoughts would drift to him, he is always on my mind.

Whenever a breeze drifts past its as if it's his hands on my skin, rather than the cold air nipping at my flesh. The sound of people talking makes me compare it to his low, husky voice.

I hear him through songs and music. I feel him close to me while I lie in bed. I can smell his musky cologne as I walk through the park.
As i look in the mirror I can see him stood behind me caressing my hair.
As I close my eyes to dream I can feel his soft lips dancing on mine.

My eyes begin to well up as my overwhelming thoughts and memories tangle. I long to feel his warm embrace again.

But I can't.

I stare at my miserable reflection in the bathroom mirror, waiting for him to walk into the room.

But he doesn't.

And so, without picking up the shards of my shattered heart I leave with a hollow chest and a heavy mind.

I gather my belongings and get ready to leave.

I begin to lug my duffel bag down the marble staircase of the mansion. Turns out i acclaimed quite a lot of clothes while I was here.

Im about halfway when all the weight disappears. I turn to my left to see Dima effortlessly fling my bag over his shoulder.

"You didn't have to do that." I say, quite relieved he actually did take my bag for me.

"Of course I did. What sort of a boyfriend would I be if I let my girlfriend carry her heavy luggage by herself." He shrugs making my heart flutter a little.

It's not the same fire which Angelo set alight within me but-

Crap. I keep comparing him to Angelo.
I need to stop that. It's not fair on either of us.

After I was discharged from hospital with only a concussion, Dima looked after me 24/7.
He was so sweet, cancelling work and taking a break to aid me in my recovery.

My concussion was so severe that the doctors thought I had PTSD but it was just my thoughts getting muddled and they concluded it was not.

At first it was quite confusing, I wasn't aware of what had happened in the past few weeks, but with Dimas help I managed to put all the pieces together.

It can't have been easy looking after me. And Dima was so sweet.

He had explained what happened at the hospital, that he was simply caught in the moment and we were able to move on from that rather soon.

I guess, one thing led to another and within the three weeks I was here we decided to take it a step further and try something other than friendship.

I know Dima would never hurt me, he's such a sweet guy. He's the perfect man and I need to get over Angelo sooner or later, why mourn over what's not lost though- Angelo and I were never even officially together, only a few dates...

We reach the front door in no time and he walks me outside to the taxi awaiting me.

"Are you sure you don't want me to drive you? Or at least get Dave to drive you?" He suggests, mentioning his chauffeur.