Chapter XIX

POV: Aletta

Gently, my eyelids flutter open, allowing the rays of sunshine peeking through my curtains to brighten up the room.

I lay staring at my plain ceiling, spending a little time to just think...

A smile is painted on my lips as I reminisce in the memory last night.
My smile widens into a full grin as I lift my fingers to my lips. I remember the feeling of another pair of soft lips against mine. I can still taste the peppermint in my mouth and on my lips.

At the thought, my lips begin to tingle and my whole body trembles with excitement.
I begin to giggle and squeal under my breath at the thought of the blissful kiss that Angelo and I shared last night on the hot air balloon.

I quickly turn my head into my pillow, muffling my squeals, trying to prevent myself from exploding with joy.

Sure I've had boyfriends, and kissed guys before, but I have never felt like this before...
I honestly feel like I'm floating on a cloud, my insides ready to explode like fireworks.

I almost leap out of bed and skip to my wardrobe. Today is going to be a good day! I think gleefully to myself while giggling a little.
I glance at my appearance in the mirror and notice my cheesy grin. I couldn't care less about my head looking like a birds nest, I just smile so much that my cheeks begin to ache.

I grab an outfit and hop into a nice warm shower.
I get tangled up in my thoughts as I rinse my hair. All my attention focused on remembering last night.

A few questions swirl in my mind and anxiety begins to knot in the pit of my gut. Did Angelo like the kiss? Was it good enough? I wonder if he felt the same sparks as me?

And then I'm shocked by my next thought, panic rising in my chest.
HOLY SHIZNICKLES! My breath didn't smell did it?!

After debating on my pondering I decide to divert my attention by hopping out the shower, getting dressed and going to get breakfast.

I skip down the hall into the kitchen humming a tune.
I immediately spot my father sat at the breakfast bar, drinking his coffee and reading the news on his phone.

"Good morning papa!" I chirp excitedly as I glide to the coffee machine.
As I turn it on, I can see out of the corner of my eyes papa looking up at me, slightly confused.

"Good morning principessa. I take it you slept well?" Papa asks whilst raising an eyebrow and keeping his eyes directly on me.

"Yeah, I did." I say a little too dreamily and this makes papà's other eyebrow join the raised one so that they are almost touching his hairline.

"Does this have anything to do with you sneaking in in the middle of the night?" Papa asks, trying to act chilled but sounding quite on edge.

His statement catches me completely off guard and my eyes practically bulge out of their sockets.
I almost choke at what he said, even though I'm not eating anything.

He takes a sip of his coffee, his scrutinising glare directly on me.

I try to avoid eye contact, looking anywhere else, the cupboards, the stools, the coffee machine - but it's no use.
I sigh dramatically, admitting defeat to myself and pour myself a coffee as the machine has stopped bubbling.

I slowly turn around, and murmur under my breath. "I-uh... maybe?"

Papa does not seem pleased with my response.
"That boy better not have touched you! I swear if I find out you were doing anything inappropriate, I will gut him alive!"