Rescue

Italy,November 1943

Steve's PoV

It was another one of my performances,but this time it was a little different. Instead of the usual nine-year-old audience, there were soldiers.
-How many of you are ready to sock old man Adolf on the jaw?-I recited my lines,but the crowd just sat in silence.-Uhh....I need a volunteer!-I improvised.
-I already volunteered! How do you think i got here?-one of the men shouted.-Bring back the girls!-the crowd started cheering.
-Uh...I see what can I do....-I said with embarassment.
-You do that,sweet heart?-another man shouted,and all of them started to laugh. I quickly got down from the stage,and sat on a staircase. I started  drawing. After a few minutes Agent Carter appeared with Stella on her side.
-Hello there,Steve.-Peggy said.
-Hi.What are you doing here?-i asked as I looked up at them.
-We are officially not here...-Stella said and looked at my sketchbook.
-Nice drawing you have there,Captain.-she smirked.
-Thank you.....I actually feel like a dancing monkey now....-i said and put away the sketchbook.
-I'm used to a younger audience,not grown up men. These soldiers must have been through hell.-I said as we heard an ambulance car honking.
-Yeah,these more than most. The HYDRA sent out a force to Krausberg. Two hundred soldiers went against them,and less then fifty returned.Your audience was what was left from the one-oh-seventh.The rest were killed or captured.-Peggy said,and looked at the field, where they were sat.
-The one-oh-seventh?-I and Stella asked at the same time.
-What?-Peggy looked at us confused.
-Come on!-Stella shouted and grabbed us by the shoulder,as we ran to a tent.
-Colonel Philips-she said,out of breath.
-How can I help you,Miss Romanoff?-he asked and looked up at us from all the paperwork he had.
-I need the casualty list from Krausberg.-she said.
-You don't get to give me orders,agent.-he said a little annoyed.
-I just need one name....Amelya Skylar Robynson.-Stella said as she was fiddling with her hands.
-And Sergeant James Buchanan Barnes,-I added.-They were both in the hundred and seventh.
-Just tell us if they are alive.-Stella spoke.
-I have signed more of this condolence letters than you can imagine,and these names  sound familiar.... I'm sorry.-the colonel answered.
-And what about the others? Are you planning a rescue mission?-I asked with a little angryness in my voice.
-Yeah, Captain, it's called winning the war!-he announced.
-But if we know where they are,why don't we at least try to rescue them?-Stella asked annoyed.
-Because if we go there we'd loose more man than we'd save. And with this ,i end the conversation.-the colonel shouted.
-But....-Stella tried to convince him,but but he didn't give in.
-No buts!-he shouted again.I grabbed Stella by the shoulder,and lead her out of the tent.
She was sobbing silently.When we stopped,I slowly put my arms around her and hugged her close.She hugged back and sobbed harder.
-It's gonna be alright Stella...I go,and bring them back...I know they are not dead...I can feel it....-I said to calm her
down.
She took a deep breath and pushed me away.
-I can't let you go alone. I'm going with you,and you can't say no.-she said.Her words were serious,and so was the look on her face.
-When do we start?-Peggy asked.
-I can obtain some armor,weapons and a plane for you.-she smirked,and started walking towards the building,where Stark was.

*time skip*

-The HYDRA base is located in Krausberg ,between these two mountain ranges.We can drop you right on the doorstep.-Stark said,as he piloted the plane.
-Just take us as close as you can.-Stella said and stood up fully armored.
Peggy stood in front of us,and gave us a transponder.
-When you are ready,activate this,and it will lead us straight to you.-she said.
I took it from her and put it away. Suddenly a loud crash could be heard from the front of the plane. We were attacked.I grabbed my parachute and walked to the door of the plane.
-As soon as we jumped out,you turn this thing back,understood?-I looked at Peggy.
-Yes-this was all she said.I motioned for Stella to jump.
We landed in a forest near the base.I saw two trucks driving by. As I started running I looked back to make sure that Stella is following. We hopped into the back of the truck,where we saw two soldiers.
-Fellas,-I said,then hit them down.
-Nice job,Cap.-Stella said with a smirk.
I smirked back. The truck suddenly stopped. We jumped out of it,and snuck into the HYDRA factory.
There were some guards but we easily defeated them. We found keys in one of the guard's pocket.
-You go and let out the soldiers,I go on top and take out the remaining guards.-I said to Stella.She nodded and made her way to the cells.
I climbed up and found myself in front of two armed soldiers. One of them had a blaster. He tried to shot me,but I used my shield to protect myself,then took them out. I looked down beside me,and I saw Stella approaching a cell,and letting the soldiers out.I jumped down beside her.
-Who are you supposed to be?-one of the soldiers asked.
-Your saviors.-Stella told him jokingly.
-Is there anyone else?We are looking for a Sergeant James Barnes,and Amelya Robynson.-I added.
-There is an isolation ward,but noone ever came back from it.-an other soldier said.
-All right. We go,and look for other soldiers.The rest of you,get out as fast as you can. We'll meet you guys in the clearing,with the others.-I commanded them.I started running with Stella covering my back.
As we ran,I heard a silent voice coming from a room.
-Sergeant 32557....-it was Bucky's voice.I ran to the room as fast as i could. He was there strapped to a chair. Next to him a woman was laying,with cuts and bruises all over her body.
-Amy!-stella shouted,and ran next to her. She checked her pulse.
-She is alive....we should get out of here!
I unstrapped Bucky and helped him up. He shook his head,and looked at me.
-Steve....is that you? I thought you were smaller....-he mumbled and got on his feet.
-Yeah,i was....-I laughed silently.
-Guys,hurry up! We don't have time for chit chatting!-Stella shouted.
Yeah,yeah sorry....-I looked at Amelya.
-She can't walk on her own...Buck,could you carry her out?-I looked back at him.
-Sure.-he said,then walked over to her and picked her up.
-I defend you two with Stella. Now,come!-I ran out as they were following me. We ran through the factory, looking for an exit. When we found one,we ran into the leader of the HYDRA,Johan Schmidt,and his assistant Dr.Zola.
-Ahh,Captain America!.... It's a honor to meet you, I'm a huge fan of your films....So doctor Erskine managed it after all!Impressive.
-You've got no idea..-I said angrily as i punched his face.
To stop the fight,Dr.Zola pulled a lever, which separated the "bridge" we were standing on.
-No matter what lies Erskine told you, I was his  greatest success!- Schmidt shouted,as he ripped off the skin on his face,leaving there just a skull.
Bucky looked at him terrified.
-You don't have one of those,right?-he said.
Schmidt and Dr.Zola escaped,so we continued to find a way out. After some seconds we found a steel pillar across a deep hole.
-We have to go across it one by one!-I shouted.
-Stella,you go first! After you,Bucky and Amelya! I'll be the last one.-everyone nodded. Stella could easily walk over,but after her,when Bucky and Amelya reached the other side,the pillar fell down.
They looked back at me worried.
-Gotta be a rope or something....-Stella mumbled,as she looked around.
-Go!Get out of here!-I shouted at them, motioning with my hand towards the exit.
-No!Not without you!-Bucky shouted back.
I looked around,and an idea popped up in my head.I broke off the railing,that was on the side of the hole,and took a step back. I looked at them,and saw that they were scared.I took a deep breath,then counted to three and jumped.....