Back to the camp

Bucky's PoV

-Come on soldiers! One! Two! Three!-I heard the trainer yelling at a group of recruits as I walked by. I was on my way to the commander's office. I wanted to tell him about the idea of rescuing Amy and Stella from HYDRA's hands.
-Sir.-I saluted as I stepped in the office.
-What do you want Sergeant?-the commander asked. He seemed angry and tired.
- I just....had an idea,about rescuing two of our missing soldiers,who were captured by the enemy.-I started stumbling over my words,but I got more confident by every second.
-Whom are you talking about?-he asked,and he took a sip from his cup.
-Amelya Robynson and Stella Romanoff.-as these names left my mouth,he spitted out the liquid.
-No.-he said coughing.
-But....-I started,but he silenced me.
-I said no,sergeant. Miss Robynson is dangerous,and we don't know what they did with Miss Romanoff. We can't rescue them.-he told me. I stood in front of him, staring at the floor. The mixture of sadness and anger flowed through my whole body.
-Understood.-I mumbled,then turned on my heels and left.
-What am I going to do now....-I thought to myself. I could ask Steve,but I'm sure he changed his mind in helping....
I made my way back to our tent. I sat down on the bed and thought about other ways to rescue the girls,when someone bursted in.
-Barnes,come to the office,we have a meeting about a new mission!-he said then left. I groaned and pushed myself off the bed. I ran after him. When we entered the office,I saw Steve and my teammates from the Howling Commandos.
-What did I miss?-I asked and took a seat beside Steve.
-Nothing. We were about to discuss our new assignment,in which we have to attack a train. According to our informations,Dr.Zola is going to be on it. So the mission is to capture him,and bring him to the base.-Steve told us.
-When is the train coming?-a soldier asked.
-We have two days to gather ourselves together,and to get to the mountains.-Steve answered.
-Then today we celebrate!-another man shouted and everybody started cheering. Steve shook his head and let them go and do whatever they want. I laughed as I stood up.
-Are you coming? We should have a little fun too.-I said looking at him. He nodded and stood up. We walked to the pub in silence. When we got inside,the soldiers were already celebrating,some of them got drunk.
We stood beside the bar,and ordered two drinks.
-So....are you ready?-Steve asked.
-Heh...as always...-I said and let out a breathy laugh.
He hummed and took a sip of his drink.
-I don't know...I have a bad feeling about this....-he put his forehead into his palm.
-Don't worry Cap. We will make it back alive.-I said and patted his back.

*time skip*

We were standing on a mountain,and it was snowing.There was a huge gap between us and the railway,and we had to zipline through it to get on the train.
-Steve?-I asked as i looked down.
-Yes?
-Do you remember when I made you ride the cyclone?-I looked at him and gulped.
-And I threw up? Of course,why do you ask?-he looked at me confused.
-This isn't revenge,right?-I looked back at the gap with widened eyes.
-Why would I do that?-he laughed.
-We were right,Dr.Zola is on the train. You have ten seconds to get on it,because if you miss, you're going to be like bugs on a windshield -a soldier said listening to the radio.
I let out a sigh.
-Then, let's do this.-I saw the train coming towards us. Steve hanged on the ropes and slid across the huge gap,then landed on the train.I went after him,and another soldier came after me. We found a ladder and got inside the train,where HYDRA agents welcomed us. Steve ran forward and we took them out. When he went to the other cabin and I wanted to follow him,the door closed in front of me and more agents came in. I shot at them, but I ran out of ammo.

Steve's PoV

I knocked out the guy in front of me.He had a laser weapon,so it was harder to get rid of him.
When i did, I looked back and saw that Bucky was out of ammo. I opened the door silently,and threw a weapon to him. I held my shield in front of me and ran into a chest.It slid  forward,and the last remaining agent came out of his hiding place,so Bucky shot him down.
-I had him on the ropes.-I heard him say.
I was about to turn around and go,but the guy with the laser gun came back and shot me. I wasn't prepared so I flew back and dropped my shield.
Bucky jumped after it, and tried to cover himself while he shot at the guy,but the blaster was stronger and blew out the wall of the freight car. I got up and ran to the big hole,where Bucky was clinging for his life. I threw down my helmet and tried to help him.
-Bucky! Grab my hand!-I yelled to him. He tried to climb closer but the thing he was holding started to move.
-Buck!-I yelled again stretching out my hand for him. He looked at me,and mumbled something like "I'm sorry...." when the thing broke off and he fell down screaming.
-Nooooo!-I shouted. When I saw him dissappear from my view I got back into the train,tears covered my vision,but I had to finish the mission....

*time skip*

We succesfully fullfillled the mission,and brought doctor Zola to the base.

I can't believe it....
I was sitting in the pub alone thinking about Bucky's death and drinking somekind of alcohol I found,when Peggy came to me and sat down.
-Steve...it wasn't your fault.-she said trying to calm me.
-Did you read the reports?-I asked with a little angryness in my voice. She nodded.
-Then you know it was...
-You did everything you could,don-
-At first I couldn't protect Stella and now I lost Bucky..-I cut her off,and poured myself from the drink.
-Did you respect your friend?-she asked firmly. I was about to said yes,when she spoke up:
-Then stop blaming yourself..and about Stella,you didn't have a chance against the soldier,because she was armed with lots of weapons.
I swallowed my drink then looked at her.
-I'm going after Schmidt... I'm not gonna stop until all of them is dead...
I showed the glass on the table and stood up. Peggy looked at me amd she smirked.
-You won't be alone,Captain.

A/N:
Hey!
Sorry for the late update,I had to catch up on things after I came back from the camp. Anyways,hope you liked the chapter.